1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting hate on gay dating apps

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by scxred, Nov 4, 2015.

1. scxred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Recently i joined a gay dating app (Gri) and i experienced hate from a gay guy who said I was wrong for changing genders (I am an androgynous male) but when i tried to explain to him that I wasn't transgender and I was just an androgynous boy he didn't seem to comprehend that. He said that I was a disgrace to gay people and gay guys like me are the reason for people being homophobic. He even claimed to be a 'gay activist' but he viewed trans women and feminine gay men as making the gay community look bad. Ive also gotten a lot of rejection from gay men who think I'm too feminine looking (which is fine because everybody has their preferences) but it has affected my self esteem. Are androgynous guys really that unattractive to gay men?:icon_sad:

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know what all gay men think. But I find androgynous men very attractive. I'm masculine myself so it would be nice to have a boyfriend who is the opposite, to keep an balance.

Don't listen to this guy he is an arsehole. People being homophobic has nothing to do with feminine guys. It's because they can't torelate differences.

Am sure there are plenty guys like me who are into androgynous men, so don't think your unattractive to gay men. Also don't attract your self-esteem to online dating. It's a harsh world. Only the very best looking come away feeling good from online dating. Your not the only one who has had a lot of rejection.

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Completely agree with Gibson234. That guy was an idiot. Homophobes hate queer people because they're queer, not because of feminine men. Besides that there are feminine straight men and masculine straight women as well.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Femininity (or anything that isn't masculine) is a weakness that must be purged of this world... is a very stupid and insecure way to be.

Honestly, I'd say this was a good thing. You probably shouldn't waste your time with him. If it wasn't this, something else seems like it would have come up.

5. Distant Echo

Afraid that he might be seen as not gay if a male he is with isn't masculine. His insecurity, his problem, not yours

6. Night Rain

Please don't try to reason with people like this. Just put them on ignore as soon as you see those words.

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't forget that those apps are also full of trolls

8. nate16

I'm sorry you had an experience like that. From my own experience, I can say that you meet few nice people on those apps. Most of the time, they attract people who are pretty insecure with their identities in one way or another.

9. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think androgenous people can be very attractive. :grin: don't worry. That guy was just an angry troll who's completely insecure about his own masculinity. I guarantee it.

10. Justinian20

He thinks that femme men ruin the community, let's see I would say due to feminine men, the community had been given a couple of rights, they are the majority of people fighting for same sex marriage and equality. Masculine gay men can hide away, but not feminine gay men they can't hide as easily unless like me they are exceedingly good at acting.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lots of douchebags on ******. Usually they start to be mean once they realize there's no chance of getting with ya. Don't sweat it. 99 percent of ppl on there are creeps and or total losers from my experience

12. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, and older men hunting for fresh meat.