1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip ideas help??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Nov 5, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So my area does this grant thing where they can give you a certain amount of money so you can plan a trip somewhere (kids between ages of 13-19) and you have to arrange and plan it all yourself. It has to be somehow educational in some way or 'enriches' you/ your learning.

My and my friends are considering applying for the grant but we don't know exactly where we should go. We live in the UK and we would like to go abroad into Europe somewhere.

Some ideas at the moment are -Berlin, for its history stuff or somewhere to do with art.

Do you have any ideas of where we could go and our reasons we could go for? I'm thinking somewhere in Germany, France or just mainland Europe in general?

2. Elliiexriley

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Belgium! and Im not only saying this because I live here haha
    Especially in West Flanders you can find many Important memorials of the First World War.
    Ghent and Bruges are really beautiful too with a rich history :slight_smile:

3. timo

I might be a bit biased about Berlin but eh, visit this city if you get the chance. There's so much to see and do because of the history. Definitely counts as education if you carefully plan the things you want to see.

4. grungeteen

Our trip has to be based on some sort of project (and we have to give in a 'report' at the end, We'd probably do a video as im a very avid aspiring filmmaker).

Germany (especially Berlin) is high on my list at the moment. I'm thinking of doing a project of the German culture, language, food, history and art (of Berlin).

Or maybe visit Hamburg and see the world's largest miniature railway exhibition?

Or something to do with trains and the railway? Trains in Germany?

I just need to think of an interesting project that won't be too expensive that will allow us to visit Germany/ Berlin?
    There would be 3 or 4 of us and we're all 15

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

Or will be 15 by the time

5. grungeteen

Or maybe Paris, France? I've been a few times before a few years ago