1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When your crush has a boyfriend...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Damien2000, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Damien2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My current crush is so adorable, hot, sweet, funny, and a whole bunch of other things; we're also really good friends. There is a slight complication...he has a boyfriend...I feel weird when both him and his boyfriend are together when i'm there because i feel awkward...even worse...I have dreams and fantasize about him on occasion. EHHHHH I WANT HIM!!!

Do you have any similar stories?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My boyfriend, 2 years ago in 10th grade, was in a relationship and I was crushing hard on him. We'd known each since 7th and I'd had a crush since 8th, and at the beginning of 11th grade they broke up. A year passed, and then we got together. I'm pretty sure this new kid in my class had a crush on me, and would have asked me out if I wasn't in a relationship already. (Don't give up hope on your crush!)

#2 Tai, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All you can do is give up and move on. It's a bad idea to be hopeful and an even worse idea to try to do something active.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This.

Don't let those feelings fester. You will either end up doing something you'll regret, or your frustration will sour you on the whole friendship and ruin it for you.

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The guy I like has a boyfriend (not that I'd have a shot anyways) and it doesn't bother me at all; I honestly don't want to see their relationship fail. I'd feel differently if I thought he could do better or wasn't being treated properly, but fortunately that's not the case -- it sounds like he's a pretty incredible person in his own right and genuinely makes him happy.

Of course it sucks on some level to know that I will probably never be an important part of his life as I want more than anything, but I care enough about him that I'm grateful that he has someone so special that truly appreciates him for the person that he is. I don't know if it's normal, pathetic, self-deprecating, or whatever, but it really does make me happy to know that he's happy.

It's not as easy as saying to just move on -- you never know what the future may hold -- but don't wish ill on your crush's relationship just for your own sake and definitely don't do anything in an effort to sabotage it. If he has as many great qualities as you've listed, you're definitely not the only one who's able to recognize them so there's not much you can do other than keep an open mind about other opportunities and see what happens.

6. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of my crushes were straight(as far as I know), so they had girlfriends.

7. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Truth, my crush had a GF, same difference. We don't talk these days. I think I dodged a bullet with that one though.

8. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes.. he's got a bf. I saw him in person today and I forgot how much I actually liked him.:help::icon_redf

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever someone I like gets into a relationship I hope to god they break up and then when they do I feel a surge of happiness to know that now I might have a chance with them. :slight_smile:

10. SumitaSofat

SumitaSofat Guest

I'm grateful that he has someone so special that truly appreciates him for the person that he is.

11. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I feel lucky, I do not get crushes often, maybe once every four years. For now, all I can say is, just try to distract yourself. Focus on work, school, whatever you have. Crushes shouldn't be your main priority

12. CyanChachki

Similar? Yes. Except that he's married and in a different country, so I'm not even letting myself hope for the best. There's really no point in trying to do anything about anyway. Even if he where in the same area and was single, I doubt it would happen.

13. ALiamToRemember

My crush, who is also my best friend, had a girlfriend, and he literally broke up with her three hours ago. But I'm not feeling how I thought I would feel. I thought I would be over the moon because it meant I had more of a chance with him, but he's a mess and I want to do anything and everything to help him.

Honestly, I'm happy to be his best friend and mess around with him if it means he could be happy. I just want him to be happy, with or without me being in his life.

I spent all day at his house today and it was super gay, he was curled into my side and we watched shit movies and cuddled. He kept calling me baby, saying that I looked beautiful and that he loved me. But he's a complete mess now and I feel awful for wanting to be happy about it.

Ugh.