1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight but confused.... help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by excuseme, Nov 12, 2015.

1. excuseme

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So, I am a guy who everyone thinks is straight.... Most the time I do until recently, when I starting a friendship with a fraternity brother who I first saw as a younger bro, but now has evolved into true feelings.
    We are out of college, successful, down to earth, he broke up with his bitch of a girlfriend and so did I so we are both single. We started to hang out more, even though he is in a little bit different group than I am now... I am with a group of guys who are conservative dudes, he is a little bit of the outsider there (used to smoke a lot of pot and kindof hang with the "other" dudes who my buddies see as bad guys kind od). But I have taken him under my wing, brought him into my group a little and he is starting to integrate with my group because I endorsed him.
    He is smaller, so cute. And I am just realizing that I am attracted to him in different way. The chase is addicting. He is california, shows his love that I have become his best friend, but not sure he is into going in the direction I have in my head sometimes. He got me by being loving/touchy feely a little bit sometimes, so supportive of me. Im successful and do not want to be sidetracked. He I think is straight ... girls and all . but I'm infatuated and cannot stop thinking about him daily.
    We snuggled one time just because thats the way he is, not sure if he knew how much i ejnoyed it. Back rub once. Which just made me fall for it.
    Now he is pursuing another girl, and I need help here. Do i make a move and forever regret it? Or NOT make a move and forever regret it. We hang out all the time. His GF thinks we are dating haha. But I just want to be able to pleasure him without it being a life changing blunder. Drunk night out offer a BJ? or take the "oh we;re drunk and eating late night pizza" into something physical that I start? Please let me know your thoughts

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with making a move, but you have to remember what consequences you will face when you do your move. Remember that he looked up on you (as you said you treated him like a younger brother) and he trusted you. Always consider the bond you two have formed. It may or may not be the same after you made your move. And I hope you will choose the best decision! I hope for a positive outcome!

3. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think your best bet is just being honest with him about being gay. Come out of the closet to him, tell him it's something you're confused about, and don't necessarily include that you are attracted to him.

I kind of relate to your situation, because I have lots of very close friends in the Army who are straight males. Most don't know I'm gay, but the few who do have been extremely accepting of it and nothing has changed between us.

That being said, when you come out to him he'll probably take it well and you can still maintain the friendship. If he actually is gay, now the ball would be in his court and hopefully something might happen.

Seems like making a move could have some pretty bad consequences if he's straight... but using my approach would likely not jeopardize the friendship.