1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you guys think this is okay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by femininemale, Nov 12, 2015.

1. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey,
    Im Jake and just for sake of this topic i am biologically male, bisexual, genderfluid. I was wondering your guys opinion on if i should join a football league or not (the American football with helmets and tackles and 100 yard fields). I have been dying to play the sport for about a year and a half now as i just got into it more deeply last season. My only concern is, if i play cause its a more manly sport will i be judged by the people that know im bi and genderfluid? Do you guys think its okay for me to join the sport while being a member of the LGBT community and liking to be a girl at times?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would depend on a variety of factors, including attitudes towards the LGBTQ community in your league, team, and your coaches. I'd wait to see how you think they feel about those topics before saying anything. I will say however that people have become much more accepting over the past few years, and wish you the best of luck in your journey. :slight_smile:

3. YinYang

Personally, I would say go for it. There are plenty of girls who play football, so you should. But I agree wit Bryan, you should see what the team and coaches feel towards the LGBT+ community.

4. Yosia

Do whatever the fuck you want to do. That's the way to live life happily in all honesty.

5. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Pretty much what I was going to say.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If another player laughs at you for who you are, just wreck them hard enough on the field. I promise it will shut them up. :wink:

#6 Argentwing, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  7. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a young man I lacked confidence and didn't join in any sport. I did a little jogging, nothing serious.
    In my 40s I was dragged along to a marshal art class, just to support a friend. After a while they left and I went on to become a black belt! (BTW it was a full contact no holes bared style, and I was, and still am a committed pacifist). I stopped that sport for emotional reasons ( I got to a level that demanded an emotional commitment, high level black belt stuff - very long story).
    As I turned 50 I joined a running club. Now I regularly win my age group category in races. I am a little slower than guys that compete internationally in my age group. But I keep up with former Olympic athletes that are the same age as me. I generally finish in the top 10% of any race and the top of my age group (over 60)
    To quote Rambo: "I could have been a contender" :lol:
    At 60 I tell my gay mates that it's the only way I can get a fit young man to breath heavy when they are looking at the back of my head :roflmao:
    I know quite a few gay athletes that are really competitive. Look at Caitlyn Jenner a girl trapped in a mans body and became one of the most successful Olympic athletes ever

All I'm saying is that being LGBT should not stop you doing what ever you want.

If you want to take up any sport go for it and have fun doing it !!!!!! (*hug*)

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I say do it. It doesn't have to be a stereotypically manly-men's sport; if you want to do it and it makes you happy, than fucking do it. :thumbsup:

9. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it is GREAT! Go for it! As someone said above, wreck them on the field!

Be yourself, and go out for what you want to do. Let nothing hold you back! Regret isn't a fun thing to go through.

If they aren't accepting and make it hard on you SHAME on them, but you will never know unless you try.

10. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel compelled to agree with some of the other posters. Get a feel for everyones thoughts on the topics and take it from there. Not giving a shit is certainly a great way to live, but that can also mean living a bit dangerously, for lack of a better term, which can make things more difficult than they need to be. Just feel it out for a while. I'd be willing to bet that there's at least 1 person who's all for stuff like that and knows the team better, so perhaps they can give you some insight to the rest of the team.

11. Yosia

Honestly, I find it more difficult to analyse every decision and to care about everything than I do to just dive in head first.

The way I think of it, is like a football game. You can either waste time analysing everything which may not even result in anything positive, or you can just play and take it as it comes. Yeah it may not always work out every time, but it's a whole lot more rewarding right?