1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

father knows?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Jun 18, 2005.

1. goratrix

Ok, I don't know where to begin.

Today I mentioned some of the girls at college, and when my father asked them if they were good-looking I replied with a HUGE OBVIOUS evassive.

We were having dinner with some family friends, so he just dropped it.

but later he said something like he has some psychological abilities. To which I replied that if that was true, then he should be able to see through me. And he replied that HE DOES, and that he knows why I didn't want to answer that question.

So, of course, now I'm wondering... does he know??

should I confront him about this?

confrontation is a path I would usually take... but this is my father we're talking about... figure! he's me... 10 times amplified. And I'm not talking physically, but mentally.

Ohh, just what I needed... oh, yeah... did I mention the history final on monday?

2. hawkeye

from what i've read about you here, i dont see it as easy to be able to tell that your gay. yo have to keep in mind the chance that he just thinks he sees something in you that either you hide, like some sort of accomplisment or skill, or that you have a skill that you dont use that he thinks you should. (for example, you are A) focusing so much on school that you dont chase after girls, B)Have a girlfriend and are trying to keep it a secret, or C) have the ability to get a girl if you only would try, and he thinks you should) Considering that he made it a point to bring it up, i think that he expects you to address it at some point though, so i dont think it is in your best intrest to avoid it.

btw, good luck on the history final. I've never been to good at history myself.

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it totally depends on your personal situation but I would press him for his analysis. When I told my father, he said, "I knew that" and I've never wanted to wipe the floor with someone more than I did at that moment. Of course, I have huge issues with my father, so I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice. (Notice that doesn't stop me, however. *grin*)

I guess it depends on whether you ultimately want your father to know. He could be playing mind games and trying to get you to tell him or he could genuinely feel he knows what's going on with you, and he might actually be right.

More than anything, I wouldn't freak out about it. Remember: deep breaths.