1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older and Mmmm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaboom, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Kaboom

So I am crushing hard on a woman MUCH older than me.

I must make it clear... I am crushing HARD ha and it hasn't gone away and I can't make it stop.

I think she looks really great for her age. Beyond that... the way she laughs sometimes makes me want to be like ''can I just spoon you or something? Would that be ok?" :lol:

Dirty thoughts included, but we won't get into that.

I am not seeking advice or any of the sort. I am just curious...

I wanted to hear from you all. Have you ever crushed on someone much older/younger than yourself? Anyone out there ever dated someone much older or younger? And when I say older.... I mean about a 10 year age difference at least.

What was it that attracted you to that person?
    Did you ever date?
    Are you still together?
    Are you not still together, why?

I would like to know

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a gigantic crush on my PE teacher in high school. She was at least 20 years older than me, but she was very fit, she had a heartwarming smile, and she inspired me to do yoga and take up jogging. Needless to say we didn't date, but I think she found out I had a crush on her and she distanced herself from me and crushed my teenage heart. On the bright side she did give me a graduation gift and gave me a very positive letter in my yearbook, but I was devastated that she wouldn't be in my life. At the same time, she was married, it would be inappropriate for someone nearing 45 to be with me, and no good could come out of the infatuation. As time went by, I forgot all about her, and became infatuated with someone much closer to my age, but that went south too like most of my relationships.

Years later I ran into her at the store, and spoke to her for a couple minutes. That encounter left me wondering how I could fall in love with someone so average, so old, and so boring. It was probably because I was going through some adversity, was vulnerable, and she was the only person I ever spoke to since I was alienated by everyone else, so naturally she was the person who became the sun which my universe spun around. It all just happened so suddenly - one moment I was indifferent to her, the next I was head over heels for her, fantasizing about hugging her, and unable to tolerate a moment without her. It was really unusual because for the whole time I had known her I wasn't into her. Most of high school was spent crushing on another student, and the odd thing is that I somehow had a premonition that I would have a crush on her when I saw her at an assembly a year before I fell for her. I saw her and recognized her as the teacher who snitched on me and another student for exchanging answers while we were taking a make up test in the hallway. Feeling a bit annoyed about that, I looked at her and thought to myself that I couldn't ever love someone so plain-looking.

In the end, it harmed me way more than it helped, but it did instill an awareness of who I allow myself to get close to, and to always identify my problems, and find solutions on my own instead of relying on others.

Those that don't help or detract from being happy need to be forgotten. I stopped seeing her because our lives went in a different direction, and I'm thankful nothing ever came about it.

#2 AtheistWorld, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. Kaboom

Wow. I really appreciate you taking the time to share all of that.

Infatuation is definitely the key word there. I think I am definitely infatuated. I also know that there is no possible way we could be together. It wouldn't work. I really wish she would stop laughing the way she laughs though. Ha. She's f'n adorable when she wants to be.

I think our time together is limited. I think I will feel the way you do; I'll see her again after parting ways and kind of chuckle at the crush I have right now. Not because I don't find her desirable (or that I ever did), but it because it has consumed so much of my thoughts. It's extremely interesting that I feel the way I feel right now.

4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's silly, yes. But I can understand the appeal to older women, especially if they're as fit as your crush is. For example, I think Roman Polanski's wife is very attractive, and mature women know they're good-looking and that's why she flaunts it like that. Oblivious to their hotness at first, we get drawn to it and fall hard once they show it.

As agonizing as this is, just ride it out, bask in the happiness her presence gives you. The quickest and surefire way for a crush to end would be to continue spending time with her, then her magnetism will luster. While I don't think this is bad per se, this kind of thing can leave you feeling better, maybe even ending with you hating, but you shouldn't hate her because she's in an impossible situation and odds are she's straight. I hope it's not painful for you, and that through the duration of it that she doesn't make you feel bad like my crushes have. I would also say that you, like me, aren't so much in love with her as you were love a version of her that exists in your imagination. You desire what you envision her to be. My crush wasn't the flawless angel I imagined her to be; it was all a romantic way of thinking.

This is an interesting topic, and I don't think it's that unusual for younger people to find mature women/men appealing. Hopefully more people will share their stories.

#4 AtheistWorld, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like someone needs a sugar mama! :slight_smile: :icon_bigg (!)

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, take most actors that I've been infatuated with, who are old enough to be my dad. But still...

7. Kaboom

LOL I'd be ok with that

8. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm. Granted I'm still in high school, not really, however there is a senior here that I've been interested in. Now I'm only a sophomore, and in high school, two years is a significant age discrepancy according to most.

9. Kaboom

You definitely know how to put words down. I don't think I would ever hate her. I have a pretty good understanding of what's going. I don't expect anything to come of this/expect anything from her. I told a friend of mine about it. I know that part of it is because she's in a position of power. She's very knowledgeable and has an extremely strong work ethic. I told my friend it will fade away soon enough once I work with her more. It's completely innocent. It hasn't gone away yet though and that's the part that I find amusing.

You are absolutely right. A big part of it is me romanticizing. I don't KNOW her know her on a personal level. It is not painful... but yeah, a little antagonizing perhaps. I'm just enjoying it right now. Those thoughts are pretty lovely ha.

I will keep in mind what you have told me. I'm sorry some of your experiences with it were less than ideal. It sounds like you've learned quite a bit from it at least. I think crushes in general can be painful. I do hope more share their stories. Thank you for sharing yours :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2015 at 08:08 AM ----------

I don't believe 2 years is a big deal at all, but I think it's relative. For me, at my age, to date someone 5 years older wouldn't be such a leap as you dating someone 5 years older.

10. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dated a guy 10 years older than me.
    What drew us close was the way would constantly "annoy" each other and get on each others nerves, I guess.
    We dated for about a month. I broke up with him because I didn't really see the relationship going anywhere, because I felt like he was too childish, despise his age, and that I didn't really feel much for him other than that initial attraction, so yeah.

11. Lipstick Leuger

I have had friends who have had more than 10 to 15 years between them and it worked fine. It says you are 27 so it's not like you are fresh out of high school and don't know anything about yourself, what you want etc. Go for it I say.....

12. Kaboom

Well that's true. I think where I'm at now, age is less of an issue. This isn't a situation in which I would go for it, for plenty of reasons. It's just a silly crush. It has got me thinking about that though; a decent age difference not really being a huge issue. I was curious about others who have ever been in a similar situation.

My first girlfriend was about 5 years older than me. I was 21. That kind of puts things in perspective. I'm about the age she was when she and I got together. I don't really see myself with someone that young, but I know that it could work. 5 years isn't a huge deal though. I think 10-15 is pretty significant and was hoping to hear from people who had either dated/were interested in someone older/younger.

13. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

When it comes to marriage, I'd really advise against marrying someone 10 yrs or more older. It can work fine until you get up in age. No big deal until you're let's say 70 and the spouse is 80 plus. BIG difference!! Think ahead.

14. Plattyrex

I had a big crush on my gym teacher last year. He was like mid to late 30s but not normal mid to late 30s, like super model mid to late 30s. My god he had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, they were like freaking diamonds. He was just hot, I dunno. It was really just another reason pe was the worst experience of my life. Athletic people may not get it, but if you're a boy as feminine and weak as I am in a gym class, then the teacher pretty much treats you as though you have a crippling mental disability. I am never going near a weight set again because of that stupid class. But yeah, I'd say there's nothing wrong with that. My grandparents are 10 years apart and they do just fine.

15. Kaboom

Oh absolutely. I've never been one to think THAT far ahead. Who is to say I will even live to be 70? Maybe she will age gracefully and I won't. I'll catch up :lol:

I do see your point though and I do agree. And I wouldn't have to look THAT far into the future to see the potential hiccups. If they retire and it's another ten plus years before I do, I could see that being an issue. It was an issue for someone I know. She and her husband divorced a couple of years ago. I don't know all the details, but I know she mentioned he had retired and got a bit lazy. I don't see anything wrong with getting a bit lazy at that point in life, you've earned it. It's a change in pace and routine for them, but I wouldn't be at that place yet. If it got to the point that I'm still wanting to go and do things and they aren't, I can see that being a problem.

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite a few actually - but the oldest people I usually find attractive are in their early 40s. In all cases it's purely physical.

#16 imnotreallysure, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  17. Kaboom

A crippling mental disability lol. That sucks, I'm sorry.
    I had a crush on my teacher in 7th grade. It was kind of the same thing. She could have been a model. I was just like gahhhhh. That's neat about your grandparents. Glad to hear things are good. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2015 at 05:45 AM ----------

With this lady being an exception, I'm with you. Usually they aren't older than early 40's. And they usually aren't your typical 40 something either.

18. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't ever dated anyone older, but had fan crushes on two women, one was 65 and the other in her 80s. It's their soft voice and amazing singing that draws me to them. No chances of us dating though, the first is dead and they both don't know I exist so anyway ...

19. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely!

Granted, she seemed to be crushing on me first though! God knows if I'll ever find out…

20. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people

I have one on a lady that is almost 30 years older than me. For me it's her personality as I'm

attracted to. I don't know her personally and probably never will. It's good to know I'm not alone