1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your ambitions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerBoy17, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been thinking lately about life, basically, and what I want to do with it. So, tell me. What are you going to do with your life? What ambitions drive you? How are you going to make a difference in the world? Here's mine:

I feel that transgender men are grossly underepresented in most transgender discussion. I grew up not knowing the meaning of the word transgender until maybe 2 years ago (keep in mind that I am 14). Only within the past 6 months or so have the puzzle pieces really began to click into place. But my journey was a lonely one, filled with self-doubt, and when the dysphoria knocked me on my back, I never felt more depressed and isolated. There was nowhere I felt I could look for help or advice, a real person I could really look up to. No transgender person should ever feel that way. I never want anyone going through what I still am going through. Politics have also always been a large interest of mine, I read the news every single day on my school laptop and become very involved with my opinions. This is how I want to make a difference in the world. I want to be an activist. I want to help kids like me some day, let them know that they are not alone, that someone does understand what they are battling. Maybe when I'm older, I can volunteer at local LGBT places, or speak at schools. I'm not entirely sure how exactly I'm going to serve my community, but I have the drive to want to fix these problems I see in the world, I want to be the change.

What are your goals?

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

For now, I am planning on working as a volunteer at a dog shelter (they like my mom and I already as we donated 40 lbs of dog food to them, food we won and didn't need. My animal science teacher also recommended me to them).

I really don't like thinking about the future, though- it scares me. But, a thought of being a gender therapist has occurred to me a couple of times. Even though I haven't seen one yet, it'd be convenient to be a transgender gender therapist. I really like the idea of being able to help people like us, to help them live happier lives.

Being an activist sounds really cool as well.

3. Kaboom

I just want to be happy and surrounded by my caliber of people.

As for you.... I think you are off to a great start at your age. I mostly just wanted to post to say so. :slight_smile: Keep that spirit going

4. Jellal

I'll be a published author.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to be a horror director, with most (if not all) my works having an 80s vibe to them or paying tribute to the decade.

I'm also passionate about astronomy, anthropology, and true crime. So if I could spend the last of my years in a cozy cabin studying the stars, the history of our ancestors, and the human mind--I would be set.

6. Helicoprion

Out Status:
    A few people
    Make it to my 30th birthday somehow.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd love to become a professional artist, and move to Canada.

Maybe settle down somewhere nice and cold, and from there maybe make a webcomic or something similar? Maybe not stay single forever, too. Everybody here is straight and it's so boring. It'll be so nice to get away from all of the fundamentalists too, I can't imagine what peace and quiet feels like.

My goal is a bit selfish in comparison, but if I make it there I might just need a new goal. I try to give online advice at least, so I'll probably still do that even when I move far away from all the crazies.

8. CyanChachki

What I need to do is save up 1000$ for art school, give the money up front and pay for the rest along the way, or pay off loans. After I'm done my two years in college, I'm going to apply for Emily Carr, hopefully get in and stay for another two years. After that, I'm going to start my own indie animation company and hopefully make some really good animated movies. Then I'm going to use the money I make off of that, to get GRS. I'll probably be doing drag on the side, but who knows.. we'll see :slight_smile:

As for the rest of my life, I really don't know. I've kind of given up on the idea of having a relationship and getting married, but I'm not tossing it out the window just yet. All in due time, the answer will come to me.

9. Hej

Hej

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to Sweden for study abroad in about 2 months. I want to make amazing new lifelong friends who get me and will travel Europe with me. I want to get the most out of my abroad experience and really view the world with a perspective that I would never have been able to do had I not left. I then want to graduate college and get my bachelor's degree in environmental studies. After that I don't know what I'll do. I hope to use my degree to help save the planet from the horrible materialism and greed of our culture. I can see myself doing environmental justice work in the global south. Maybe I'll work with some non-governmental organizations or join the peace corp to do that. And maybe if that doesn't work out I'll go back to school and get my master's. I might go to school in Portland or Seattle or maybe on the East Coast. I just want to do something meaningful in life. I want to help people and surround myself with good vibes and be with people who share my interests and values. I want to EXPLORE life!

10. Chief Beifong

I'm a fan of being along and observing things. I live in the city and my parents are very cautious, The very thought of me wandering the city alone terrifies them. It's just nice to walk or travel for some time without any destination and admiring the view. That's what I want to do. I want to travel and take photos of anything. Hoping that I am able to put what I see in my head in a picture. I also want to experience the quiet life, experience the culture of the minorities, the forgotten cultures, especially those who practice keeping peace, whether within them, with others, or with nature, or cultures with rich histories but have faded, maybe even just interacting with simple people living simple lives. I want to connect with nature, and others, everyone.

#10 Chief Beifong, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  11. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are all great, everyone! Hope you all can achieve your goals!

12. candyjiru

I want to live in a nice home by the beach~~ it doesn't have to be super fancy, just nice and where I can see the waves~ I want to live a happy life surrounded by lovely people ^.^

13. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

I will get A* in maths, physics and chemistry (at least) in my GCSEs. I'll go to Cambridge University (if not, oxford) study there for a few years then become a scientist and work on subatomic particles maybe even change how we view the world forever.

I also may become a teacher but unsure about that one

14. Posthuman666

I want to become an audio engineer and produce albums for local bands, and maybe even one day a semi-successful one! I also would like to establish my own strange art style and maybe someday produce a decent piece. For now I will work on my bass playing and drawing I suppose.

15. RainOnVII

Let's see...get a job in special ed at the local elementary school while finishing my psychology degree, then get a degree in occupational therapy. Eventually work as an occupational therapist in a clinic somewhere, buy a small townhome plus two siamese cats, and work on my reading/art. Not sure how ambitious these plans are, but they work for me.

16. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My absolute dream is to be an actor. I want to be in works that help give people inspiration and hopefully manage to spread out some positivity myself, then let that positivity trickle down through people.

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My very simplified goal in life is to make positive differences in other people's lives, live happily and within my means, and live to the fullest. Anything that adds onto that is just extra.

18. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would like to go to Middlebary college, majoring in writing, and minoring in both Japanese and art. I want to have a career as a english writer as well as a mangaka.

19. DinelodiiGitli

There's a part of me that, despite being stepped on repeatedly, has always wanted to prove my less friendly 'family' members wrong.

My ambitions are to amount to something beneficial, to help as many as I can (even if that sounds silly and naive). Sure, there are things I really want to do ranging from the simple to the 'hopes of being a spokesperson for good exotic companion animal 'ownership' (something which is often frowned upon)'.
    I really want to work with exotic animals, perhaps work in the field of herpetology.
    I want to prove those who put me down wrong, to show them that the harm they did is nothing I can't overcome.