1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is different orientation really a big deal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Xanesa21, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Xanesa21

I just want to know... why different orientation is really that big deal? For real, i can't get it. I was about to go sleep but i couldn't stop thinking. Why da fuc* everyone gives that much attention about that? Why people blame gays or hate them? Is that matter if this guy prefer penises then pussies? It sounds SO riddiculous! If you don't care if a person prefer strawberry pudding or chocolate pudding or maybe he don't like pudding at all, why you care if he prefer one body part then another? I know it's not only about body, and this is also about who you love, but this is even MORE riddiculous to me if you hate someone cause he love another person. Why people are so limited and stupid? Why gays or lesbians can't adopt childrens? "Cause ohh this child will become homosexual too!" - AND WHAT i ask? what if he will? "He will be blamed in school, everyone will laught at him and stuff" - do you see where it goes? Comes full circle. They made problem, and they have problem with that, what the fuck. And IF - cause there is already the same chance for that, that this kid will be homosexual cause he have homosexual parents as when kid is homosexual although he have mom and dad (what we know it's not uncommon). Also some stupid explainations about "it's not natural" or "It's a sin, it's not catholic" - Homosexualism exist also around animals and also we're doing a lot non-natural things, and also i would like to know that everyone who is shit-talking about church do not masturbate cause this is a sin too. Sexual act without already wanting a baby is a sin, condoms = sin. Or that if we will all be homosexuals that our population will dies - first of all if we will be tolerant about homosexuals - there won't be more homosexuals, there will be only more homosexuals who won't deny who they really are and second we actually have too much people and a bit too big birthrate not too small. I know that it's obvious for most of you there, but that was something on my head and i needed to throw it out. I just can't really understand, why is that matter. We are all people and if we love or have sex with each other, there is nothing wrong with that :eusa_doh:

#1 Xanesa21, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. CyanChachki

Some people are taught these things, they believe in it, because it's been planted into their brains for so long, it's all they really know. Think about all of the things that you've been taught growing up. Others have had bad experiences with one or a few LGBTQ+ people and therefore, stray away from the idea that each LGBTQ+ person is different and unique in their own way, often resulting in hate and/or fear.

It's definitely not right, definitely not justified.. but the way I see it, the more you understand where a homophobic is coming from, the more you feel less and less afraid. It's hard not to yell and shout, especially when you feel deeply cut about something that is a part of you.. but talking to one, like REALLY talking to one and having a proper, contained discussion on the matter is quite interesting. I've learned a lot from it. I don't agree with them, but I know why they feel the way they feel and that's good enough for me. Now, instead of having a heated battle every time a homophobic situation comes up, I treat the situation more like.. immature teenagers, trying to get under my skin and less like a blindfolded attack because they come off as sore losers.

3. thatchickcj

Society is weird.

Like from my standpoint, I know that religiously affiliated people might argue that homosexuality is wrong because it says so in the bible or whatnot. But, there's a GAZILLION other things that are in the bible that people disregard. My dad used to Catholic (being one of the strictest religions), and he said that that's how you make religion work. And, subsequently, people find it more okay to mix dog breeds and eat steak that to let a homosexual relationship be normal.

I also want to say that people are extremely afraid of things they don't understand. Straight people aren't going to understand homosexuality as well as a homosexual, and I believe that's why a lot of straight people put up walls. They just know that what ever the heck is going on with us homosexuals isn't what's going on with them. They might even think that since they'res more of them then they are than us, that we're wrong.

idek if this makes sense, but this is kind of my own theory of it.

4. candyjiru

People usually hate things that are different and love things that are the same~ It's the same for religion, people think "My religion is the best, so all the other ones must be wrong!"

But don't worry, there are still a ton of us who don't think that way and can totally be cool with people of all faiths, there are tons of us who don't have any problem with people of other sexualities (except when they are super hot but not interested in us, lol~) The ones who are stupid about these things tend to be people I don't want in my life (or my family T.T)