1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's that time of the year again for those living in the northern hemisphere. Winter is just around the corner! It's snowing here in Chicago and they're expecting about 6-8 inches! It's pretty rare to get this much snow this early in the season, but the weather is pretty unpredictable in the Midwest so what can I say.

What do you think of snow? Do you live in an area that gets snow each year? I personally love snow. I love it in December because it really makes things Christmasy and this is really my favorite time of the year. The snow tonight is actually really pretty because the flakes are big and the whole town is in a blanket of white fluff. I love it.

#1 Skaros, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get annoyed when it causes traffic disasters, but I love snow. It looks so nice when it's clean and it's so peaceful. I always tell people I'd much prefer snow to rain but nobody ever agrees with me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always wanted to see snow falling from the sky. I have little tolerance for coldness but I always wanted to play in field covered with white snow. Also, isnt snow romantic? <3

4. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I visited Joliet today (near Chicago) and it started snowing! Totally not ready for this.

5. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have a love-hate relationship with snow. I live in an area that gets a decent amount of snow if the winter is cold enough, but my car does not do well when the roads are wet, let alone icy and covered in snow. I love the smell and look of snow though, and I love to play in it. And I love the cold, so there's that.

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to live in Canada, so got lots of snow there. As a kid I loved it because it meant I could go tobogganing in my backyard and have snowball fights. But it can be quite inconvenient for traffic and transportation and all that.

We don't have snow here because it's a warm climate pretty much all year round, so I haven't seen it in quite some time.

7. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It never snows where I live, but if you go to the mountains during winter, there's plenty of it if you like skiing or snowboarding. From the aesthetic point of view, I absolutely love snow! :slight_smile: it's so pretty when it falls down slowly. And it's so dramatic when you have blizzards. Of course it causes some disturbances: icy roads and people getting trapped, but its one of those things that some people have to live with I guess...

8. CyanChachki

Very cool. It usually snows from November to April around here, depending on weather conditions. Sometimes winter is short lived, ending in March, sometimes it comes super early, starting in October. Overall, I don't mind it.. I just wished that the city would take the plowing more seriously and think about those who have to walk. They rarely plow my street, sometimes it gets so bad, that Taxis refuse to come to my house (Which is against their rules, but it's not stopping them)

It would be nice to walk around the winter time, just so I'm not so dependent on getting rides and stuff.

9. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We hardly ever get snow here, it's usually too mild. I really like as long as I'm inside and it's outside and the power's not out, other than that, don't really like it, used to though.

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kind of the same story here. I live a suburb right next to Chicago a few minutes away. The town doesn't take plowing seriously. Literally, right when you drive into Chicago the road goes from tons of snow to none at all. You can actually see the exact point at which you enter the city because the roads are so much different.

Heavy snow here can cause many problems. The roads are so bad, there's many accidents that happen. One car even crashed into a car in our driveway one year.

11. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I LOVE the snow! The ice.. can just ..go away. I live in a state that is supposed to get all 4 seasons, but lately our winters have been coming later and later. If our winter actually does arrive early or on time it usually comes with ice.

I have a ton of good memories with snow.
    One embarrassing one = this cute dude pelted me on the butt with a (ICE)snowball and grabbed it and said "Oh I am so sorry, I bet it is bruised" awwwkward.:icon_redf

Seriously though.. snow ice cream:thumbsup:

12. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the snow. [​IMG] If I lived somewhere where it snowed year-round, I'd be happy with that.

13. AlamoCity

As someone who lives in Texas, we see "snow*" maybe a few times a decade, depending on where you live. I have experienced full-blown snow only on vacation to Colorado and New Mexico. I did ski learn to fall on my behind far too many times, though. As much as I really like snow (from my limited interaction with it), I am not certain how much of it stems from the fact that in order to survive where I live you NEED air conditioning.

*"Snow" in Texas has a very loose definition. Basically, if it is white and cold, but isn't technically ice, it's snow, even if it's 1/16th of an inch and basically a muddy flurry :lol:.

14. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE the snow. I HATE the ice. Living in Southwest Ohio we are "Northern" enough to experience decent snowfall, but "Southern" enough where everyone freaks out and forgets how to drive or coexist with the snow.

15. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a place where we usually get a day or two of snow per year. I don't like snow at all. I don't like any "snow games" like snowball fights or bobsleighing, and once everyone's been walking in it you get a horrible dirty slush. It's the only thing I don't like about Winter.

16. AlamoCity

:roflmao: It's the same here. ANY bit of ice or snow here and the cities and towns PARALYZE.

17. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I live in the north-western cost of Portugal, I guess you could say that, and shore life is really limiting when it comes to winter weather: we mostly only get rain.
    I go to the countryside every Christmas, to be with the portion of my family I see less often, but it's really rare to snow, though it gets really cold sometimes.
    My country is by default a warm country...

I really wish I could have one of those snow-filled Christmas like I've grown up seeing in the movies. I really like Christmas and that feels like the element that was always missing.
    Maybe someday I'll know what that is like.

18. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a little (not much though) snow here. It's mostly just a melted mess though, I'd hoped it would snow more but oh well. I don't know how much it snows up here since I just moved here, but I've heard stories. Plus, it's pretty high up here, so I'd imagine when it snows it snows quite a bit, but it hasn't snowed properly yet.

19. Kaboom

It's worse here. Bad weather in general, people want to get out in it and drive like idiots. I myself, don't want to get out in bad weather. When I have to, I am surprised how many other people are doing the same thing. I think they think roads will be empty and no one else will want to get out in it. The problem is I think EVERYONE is thinking the same thing.

We don't get much snow here. Maybe ONCE a year we get something that could be considered snow, but not much. Most of the time winter here is just a huge icy slushy mess.

20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Snow is great. I wish we got more.