1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People Who Celebrate Holidays Other than Christmas!! Rejoice!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Posthuman666, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I would just like to see how many EC users do not celebrate Christmas, and/or celebrate another holiday.

I myself, am pagan, being a Heathen and a Celtic Polytheist. In Heathenry, Yule is somewhat of a big holiday and Imbolc comes up in February. While still living with my parents, I do partake in the gift giving, but for me December 25th has never been more than a day of gifts, a time for hot chocolate and snowmen.

Reminder to adhere to EC's Religion policy and to be respectful.

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually don't celebrate the majority of holidays personally, being a lazy atheist.

I sort of go along with whatever when it comes to family though, because if I don't they want to argue with me for whatever reason.

3. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a Hindu, so we have festivals and holidays round the year! Every year on 25th falls the main day of the annual village festival at my native village so we spend Christmas there ! But we treat ourselves to plum cakes like how Christians in India do, apart from this we play Secret Santa with friends so there is gift giving! And the lovely Christmas carols!

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We don't actually celebrate Christmas that much over here and our family doesn't traditionally do so. But we do get into the spirit a little bit, and I have nothing against those who seriously adhere to/celebrate this holiday- or any others around this time. I get involved a little bit in what I can though.

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a quasi-christian [uses scientific studies to back up religious ideology] who believes Jesus was born in June/July like scientists suggested was the star in the sky around that time. Therefore I'd like to celebrate New Year with my children [they'll get to stay up till midnight if they can, and for a younger child, they'll love that - no school the next day so no bother, sleep in] if I have any and have a private birthday for Jesus in June/July.

But for now, I celebrate Christmas with the rest of my family, and learnt about Hanuka with my Jewish relatives, played the dradle game.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mixed feelings about Christmas. As a Christian, I'm very happy to celebrate the birth of Jesus (even though it occurred much earlier than December 25th), but I dislike all of the conflated claptrap and sentimentality that goes with it.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Jewish. Happy Hanukkah, bitchezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even though I do celebrate Christmas, I just wanted to say that I have read about Hannakuh quite a bit over the years and I find it very interesting.

9. DinelodiiGitli

I'm pagan so Merry Yule and Solstice to all.

10. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very non-religious, but I have to celebrate Christmas with my family. When I'm older, I think I'll just celebrate it as a gift giving day, I don't know. I don't plan to have children, so it might not matter. Plus I want to be an actress, and Christmas is usually a two-show day XD

11. Ryu

Ryu

I 'celebrate' christmas, but not in the same kinda way that super christians do. I'll put up decorations inside, have a big meal, exchange presents, but I don't go fo church and pray for our lord and saviour jesus christ (and some such religious hoo-hah)

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to say whether I celebrate Christmas or not... To a degree, I do--it's one of the times of year I may actually attend church services. For several years, I made an effort to decorate trees, although not last year. And it's about that time of year when I send out an annual mailing.

But...on some level I don't really feel like I celebrate it. I feel horribly alone and isolated that time of year. (And with all the problems in my life, I am doing the most I can to totally forget that we have the holiday season starting in less tthan a week!) A lot of stuff I once took for granted no longer happens--elaborate trees, or a special dinner on Christmas Day.

I don't celebrate any other holidays, either. Not religious, not secular. A lot comes down to I'm alone, why bother?

13. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Call me what you will, but i could live without it. Im only in it to eat and destroy boxes like a Tyrannosaurus hehe. :icon_redf

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I celebrate the Winter Solstice. Also known as the Return of the Light. Also known as New Year.

15. IrishJ

Hanukkah is early this year starting on December 6th, shit. I have got to get moving on this.

Always happy to celebrate other friends/families holidays with them. We make it a point to include non-jewish friends in our festivities. I make the best potato latkes served with sour cream and/or apple sauce.

Happy holidays to all.. -J

16. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't celebrate any of them, but the reasons vary:

-I don't care about Christmas because I'm atheist
    -It's a bit difficult to celebrate any holiday right now, because at the present time I live at home with my devout J. Witness mother, and you know what they think about holidays...

If I was out on my own I'd celebrate New Year's, though. That's always fun.

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being Jewish, I celebrate "Festivus for the rest of us" ("Seinfeld" reference), a.k.a. Chanukah.

[YOUTUBE]6YSOZP_M6eM[/YOUTUBE]

18. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

I celebrate lunar new year in january or Feburary(it's different every year) and Christmas, for me, is a day to go shopping and see pretty lights. Nothing spiritual.

19. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't celebrate Christmas or any other Holiday except New Years. Even though we (Hindus) follow a different calendar and have our New Years in March/April, I still like to celebrate 31st December/1st January as the birth of the new year. :slight_smile:

20. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Winter Solstice right here.

I do celebrate the christian holiday, just not the christian part. Family, friends, gift exchanging, great big feast and the tree/some decor are about it otherwise.