1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Nov 21, 2015.

1. MayaBee

So I am having a debate in school on monday and the question is "Should offroaders be forbidden in the city?

The discussion is with 3 other people, There is Pro 1/2 and Con 1/2, I am con 2. In the beginning of the debate everyone has to hold a speech (max 2 minutes) about the theme of the debate, their most important arguements etc. as con 2 I am the last person to speak and I dont know what to say, because all my arguments will be already said.

Anyone an Idea what I could bring? please?

This give a whole mark and I really need a good one.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the most important arguments, get a piece of paper or open a word document. Write down every point you can think of, even if you think it'll already have been said or it's ridiculous. Don't leave anything off.

Then, when you're done, put the list in order of importance. Delete anything that isn't valid. If you're allowed to bring anything with you--notecards, a sheet of paper--write the list on that. Then, as the first person in your part of the debate goes, check off points that they say--mentally, if you're not allowed to write while they're speaking.

Odds are good in a two-minute speech they're not going to bring up every possible reason why offroaders shouldn't be allowed in the city. It's better to prepare now than to worry that you won't be able to think of anything that the Con 1 hasn't already.