1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay-Straight Alliance Poster Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alexicalize, Nov 21, 2015.

1. alexicalize

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm trying to make some posters for our G.S.A. to get the word out. I was wondering if anyone had anything funny or cute (and high-school-appropriate) to put on a poster. I'd love to hear your ideas!

2. Rainbow Girl

My GSA did posters about not saying "that's so gay" a couple years ago. We suggested other words people could say instead like "stupid", "dumb" "ridiculous" or "preposterous". Right now we have rainbow-coloured posters saying where and when we meet and brief explanation about what we're about. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3. Foz

Foz Guest

In my experience posters don't work, schools and unis in general are packed full of posters, so they all fade into the background. So we spoke with the estates department who let us use the campus screens to advertise stuff for the union, it worked much better so that way you can have slideshows and the like.

Best advice I can give is don't make it too 'loud', it only plays to the stereotype and may put off closeted folk. :slight_smile:

#3 Foz, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015