1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How important is sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I'm just wondering how important people think sexuality - or rather its label - is for you?

[ ] everything
    [ ] kind of important
    [ ] not everything
    [ ] pointless
    [ ] other

Personally, I'd put 'pointless' - for me, you like who you like and there it ends. And the only time people need to know who you like is if they want to set you up, go out with you or want to give you / you want to receive specific relationship advice.

Anyway, your thoughts?

2. CyanChachki

It's important, but not crucial. I'll correct people when they try to label me as Pansexual, but that's about it. I couldn't care less if people knew about my Bisexual or not, but if they know, then they know and that's fine too.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So very important! Omg people need to be labeled damnit!

But really I think if you're unsure of what you orientation is then you should probably just not label yourself.

4. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it's kind of important. I would prefer most of my friends to know straight off the bat, rather than make friends with them and find out they're homophobic. But then again it can be dangerous so you have to test the waters first, or just keep an eye on how they treat others.

Yes, you're right. The only people that have to know are the ones that want to date you, but I find plenty of my friends ask about relationships so it's a difficult subject to avoid, I also like talking to a few of my friends who are also in the LGBT community about it because we can make inside jokes and complain about things that others probably wouldn't get.

But like the person above said, you don't have to label your sexuality. But personally, I prefer to put a label to mine. :slight_smile:

5. meganj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel that being gay more answers the question of what I am, rather than who I am. (*hug*)

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, important enough that we are having this discussion in a site revolving entirely around sexuality, for one.