1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading Auras

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peachygogh, Nov 22, 2015.

1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, its me. (sorry for that oops.) I was wondering if anyone on here is into more spiritual things such as reading auras. I have been practicing reading them for a while, and I think today is the first time I managed to do so. :eusa_danc I'm curious as to whether anyone else does this or not. Or does anyone astral project because I would love to learn to do so. Gotta blast for now!

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I can't personally and I don't actually know much about it. Do you actually see physical auras when you look at people? What do they look like?
    I know I did a project before on synesthesia and how people with certain forms of it can read auras and I thought it was really cool (not sure on the specifics, it was a few years back).

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm very much into spiritual things, but I refrain from talking about it with people because I feel like they'll think I'm crazy, or they won't leave me alone about it. I've told two friends, and both keep asking me about their future, or if I "see any spirits" in the house.

I have never done an aura reading, but I may have picked up information from other people from their auras, maybe? I don't know. I'm still pretty new to this.

See? I already sound crazy. *cough*

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think topics such as auras are interesting. :slight_smile: For me, however, it's less about the actual seeing/reading auras or whatever it is and more about reading into the psychology behind it. Auras represent both the mood of a person and the inherent qualities to their soul/mind, that is beyond their physical body. For example, a depressed person will have a black aura if I'm not much mistaken. Certain colors represent different states of mind that are linked to one another - for example, red represents willpower, love, passion, and a burning motivation. One might either theorize that the auras are inherently there and represent this, or one might suggest that these auras are themselves a construct of the human mind; a tool to be utilized to be able to identify characteristics of someone's personality by applying this categorical theory.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a couple of friends and a number of acquaintances that see auras. I remember asking my 10th grade biology teacher if she believed in auras. She sort of looked at me, and sort of looked down at her feet, then looked at me again and said "Well, I guess I sort of have to believe in them, since I see them."

The key is retest validity (the ability of two different aura readers to be able to see the same thing when they view the same person.) I know several people whose retest validity is pretty high. Now even more interesting would be if what the reliable readers see could be accurately correlated to things like emotional state or medical conditions.

On a related topic, there are medical intuitives who do totally blind readings (no history, no opportunity to ask questions, no interrogation, just intuiting what is going on for the person and stating it) with an accuracy rating of 80% or higher.

There's a lot we don't know about medical science and, for that matter, the world, and I think this sort of thing is really interesting to explore with an open but skeptical mind.

6. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother says she sees auras. She says that it's not like seeing with her actual eyes but "a feeling of color". She also has synesthesia. To her, letters and text appear tinted different colors. For example A's are red and "September" is blue. I think it might that what she subconsciously guesses about other people based on their body language and appearance is displayed to her is these invisible fields of color. I wonder if there is a higher incidence synesthesia among people who see auras.

#6 Spider, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Another thing that I think is interesting is the overlap a lot of these theories have - for example with auras and elements. I like to do those little tests and quizzes, and my primary element is water and my secondary is fire - my primary aura color is blue and my secondary is red. So the combination is I have a violet aura according to the quiz I did. ^_^

8. Guelito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get alot of information intuitively about people, I think everyone does but most people don't notice it because its so normal or they think "I couldn't really know that". Some people feel things, some see things, some hear and so on. There are different ways to interpert information. I feel things and sometimes see things. There are alot of tools that can help to build this kind of awareness that I have learned. When I started learning to do it, I kept thinking "no way this is way to easy" because it is. It's not some big spiritual thing like I was expecting. Its just really natural, like we are supposed to be able to do it.

9. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What tools are you referring to? I'm genuinely interested.

10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is essentially where I stand on the matter.

Personally, I'm not one to believe in the spiritual/psychic. But I'm also not one to dismiss something without giving it the chance to be tested and questioned.

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think many people who can "read auras" are good at reading people in general. It might be a good starting point, but it's not going to give you anywhere near the full picture. As it stands, I don't really believe in this aura stuff. I remember finding this aura business interesting several years ago and reading a bit about it.

I can "astral project". I just imagine myself moving forward very quickly during an episode of sleep paralysis. You'd be as well trying next you get a chance because flying dreams are cool. I usually just wait for SP to end while I hear "demons" talking to me in perfect English. It feels real to me but these are (hypnagogic) hallucinations.

12. CyanChachki

I can see auras on pretty much everything, sometimes it takes a bit of concentration. With that being said, I have never mentioned it to anyone other than my father (and a few old friend), because he can see them too. He believes it's a hereditary thing. I just figured that not many people could do it and because of that, not many people believed in it.

13. Guelito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The first tool is just be real. It sounds funny but our intuition is always guiding us and is taking things into account that are way beyond what we see with our eyes. So the more that I can speak, move, and act from who i am, the more intuition is available to me. So for instance if I feel like I want to say something to someone but i'm scared and so I don't, I have just created a moat between who I am and who I am being. Who I am is guiding me saying "talk to this person, there is something valuable here" and who I am being is saying " I can't do that, I will look stupid" or whatever it is. The greater the separation between who I am and who I am being, the less intuition is available because I am separating myself from it. You either use it or lose it lol. I'm a Creative Relationship Coach and I support people with learning how to live from their intuition and passion. If your interested you could book a session with me and I could support you with this more specifically to you. Here is a really simple tool thats a fun one. When the phone rings, before you answer it, see if you can experience who it is. When you call someone on the phone, experience if they are going to pick up or not. That one is an easy one for me. If you tell me what you would like to be able to do more of, I can suggest some more good tools.

14. candyjiru

Wow~ what an interesting thread *.* I've always wanted to have my aura read, but I'd be a bit worried as to what they might find, haha XD;;;;; I always have the worst luck... ;.;

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well, if we're talking about 'seeing' the emotional state of others, I can do that. I depend on it in conversations for 'channeling' another personality, which is how I do alot of my social interaction. I consider the ability as pretty much a combination of intuition, high empathy, and good observational skills. Due to these I can *usually* determine with accuracy, whether the aura is positive or negative, if I should trust them or not, and what I should say to them to gain their favor, before personally meeting them. When I happen to find someone with a very compatible aura I should be able to speak with them as if they were a lifelong friend, when meeting them for the 1st or 2nd time.

16. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I can't read auras, but I can do it the other way and tell you which one I think you match best based on description. Not as exciting perhaps - but anyway, I think you're a pink aura gal, or maybe red. Or maybe blue. Not exactly sure XD <3

17. Jellal

I don't know anything about auras. Though, I'd like to think mine is pure black. That'd be awesome.

18. setnyx

i get into all that stuff but i can't do it myself

19. Ryu

Ryu

Yeah, but no. I don't believe in this kinda stuff.

20. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that when I read the writing of others, I see color within the words and it bursts with life for me. It makes sense that others would experience something similar using different senses and reading auras is probably just one example of that. It probably has to do with the way our brains process information and connect a large amount of small details into an intuitive read of an object. defininitely an interesting subject. :slight_smile:

#20 Eveline, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015