1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gets someone on your "good list?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are some things that people do that gets them on your (intentionally or unintentionally created) "good list?"

Whether it's a quirk someone has, or a mindset, or even a way of carrying oneself. Anything that makes you automatically like them better upon finding said thing out - is what I'm talking about.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being open-minded -- having strong convictions but also the security to challenge your own beliefs and mindfully consider opposing arguments. Intelligence. Being able to hold a meaningful conversation about real things.

And a great smile. Some people have a true gift with this and can really brighten the mood of people around them just by being there.

3. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I automatically put everyone on my good list when I first meet them. Whether they stay on there or not... well that is up to them.

Now to like them better? Being open, nice to others, willingness to help others. Someone who is going to treat you right just because that is the right thing to do.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not trying to oppress me due to my height [sounds stupid that someone would try doing this, but they do] and not being a radical feminist [wanting to abuse men, thinking men have no inequalities, thinking all men are born evil].

Everyone begins on my ''I don't know who you are so you're going to have to talk to me first if you want to start a conversation'' list. If I start the conversation, it won't go anywhere.

5. CyanChachki

1. Being nice. Don't have to do anything special or buy me anything, just be nice. This isn't to be confused with being "fake nice". What I mean by that is, if you don't feel like putting up with me, then don't. We'll go our separate ways, etc. etc.

2. Sharing the same interests - the more the better.

3. Don't bully others. This means don't point out people's appearance and laugh, don't make fun of them to their face and don't talk behind people's backs. Seriously. I don't mind if you vent, but if you're going to talk about someone's private life behind their backs just to gossip, then I don't want to hear it. I don't need to know anyone's personal business, not to mention, that business is theirs to tell me, not yours.

4. Try and make it a goal to hang out sometimes. It doesn't have to be all the time or every week, but you know.. put a bit of effort into hanging out and I'll be doing the same.

5. Use the right pronouns and my actual name.

#5 CyanChachki, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Non-conclusive, but generally...

1. If they are interested and passionate about something- whether it be a field of study or a book series or any hobby- or if they're just someone who loves exploring and learning new things, and I find out about their pursuits. A certain ambition and curiosity I suppose, coupled with a hard working attitude.

2. A nice sense of humour usually gets somebody unintentionally on my good list. Witty comments and jokes at no expense of others, and are just generally in good fun is something I always appreciate. I know some seriously funny people and it's something I quite like.

3. If they're kind, and open minded. This is clearly quite a generic thing, and it's not like somebody has to be a completely altruistic saint to drift into my "good list" in my mind (it's never a conscious thing). Just someone who is considerate and polite, and goes out of their way to try and be a good, respectful person. Someone who learns from their mistakes, tries to be better, and has a certain warm-heartedness towards them.

4. Has good ideas, a unique voice, and expresses themselves well. Somebody who is generally knowledgeable and able to carry an interesting in depth discussion or conversation usually gets onto my "good list." I'm not saying "walking encyclopaedia of knowledge," just someone who is willing to express themselves, discuss interesting ideas, and has a distinct way of doing so.

I mean I certainly didn't cover everything in this list, and there are always exceptions. But I think in general, these are my thoughts for now...

#6 Alder, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Selflessness instantly puts you on my good list

8. candyjiru

I usually have a feeling about someone as soon as I meet them... My hunches are rarely wrong, but I still give everyone a fair shake~

If you're kind to me, you'll be on my good list, lol~ I am pretty good at seeing through fake people (although I won't let them know that, lol), so a genuinely kind person is perfect for me~

The things that get you on my bad list... being a bigot/racist/homophobe, etc, acting like you're better than me or someone I like, being mean or being rude.

Most people are on my neutral or good list... but if you're on my bad list, you might not even know it, because I am a generally civil person~ if you *do* know it... I probably hate you with a passion that burns like that of a thousand fiery suns. ^.^;;;;

#8 candyjiru, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have a "good list" but I do have a blacklist. One trait that's gonna make it very hard for me to ever put you there there is knowing how to laugh at yourself.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like those who are able to fend for themselves. Or, in other words, those who don't complain all the time that their life sucks because of other people, society or ''the system'' and just sit around expecting something or someone to save them.

11. MetalRice

Just being a chill person, that's always a plus for me.

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I love you. Self-pity is such a fucking cancer.

13. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being a positive person. I don't need a ton of some people's bull crap about how horrible life is every day. And someone who makes me laugh for whatever reason. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol I have one too. Some people are just...........:lol:

14. iiimee

1. Those who can handle themselves. I hate people who are dependent on what everyone thinks about them- I mean, I hate being hated, but I can live and won't complain 24-7 just because somebody doesn't like one thing about me. if I see a problem about myself however, I DO try to fix it...

2. Never mentions my height, my dainty body, or refers to my reproductive organs as a "vagina"- at least after I told them never to do that. I am extremely sensitive about my height- call it the chink in my armour, if you will. I usually try to play it cool however, even if they do this- I just remind them to not mention it.

3. Like-minded people. I almost feel like a jerk for saying this, but if I have nothing in common with somebody, I will go insane interacting with them. If I don't like them that's one thing, and I will probably just ignore them, but if I like them but we can't make good conversation... It really takes a toll on whatever relationship we have. Now, I'm okay with being silent sometimes, but when it's 24-7 I am totally tired of it.

15. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A mellow, friendly personality
    An open mind

16. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Open mindedness, intelligence, a sense of humor :slight_smile:

17. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honesty and respect. Bonus points for making attempts to out chivalry me XD.

18. TraceElement

I love how everyone has these big long responses. My list?
    1. Give me food or beer.

19. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Open mindedness and leftist ideals. Beards, dyed hair and black skinny jeans. Australian accents and a cute smile. Those things make me happy.

20. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Anyone who can take a sarcastic remark and can give it quite well, too. I am very sarcastic, especially to my friends, sometimes being downright rude. Anyone who can take sarcasm and being slightly rude and even throw it back into my face stands a pretty good chance of being in my good list. Bonus points if they're humorous.

2. They need to be able to keep major secrets. Major gossip is very common within the school, and it can get you into a lot of trouble. Someone who can keep a secret without telling anyone which will affect anything is a good addition to my good list just because I know I can count on them on keeping their mouths shut.

3. Similar to no 2, a person who is willing to gossip about anything. Within my group of friends we have a on-off switch for gossip-it needs to be turned off without warning at times. Participating in the gossip makes for a good conversation, and often enough, it does get very interesting. Added bonus is someone who is able to spread the gossip, too.

4. They must have a sense of responsibility and seriousness, along with a sense of fun. Fun can never go overboard-they need to know when they have to curb themselves, and to be able to hold their tongues at times. They do know that I usually wouldn't go out of my way to pick themselves out of a mess they created themselves-therefore, the best way to not get to that point is to stay out of it as much as possible. Another thing I like to do is have intellectual talks. Maybe politics, or some science. A serious discussion and debate is something I'm usually up for, and those who can debate and discuss those are always interesting to be around.

5. Probably the most important, they have to be open minded. Be it sexuality or anything else, they have to be accepting of the fact that there are people out there who are not like the stereotype, the most common example being sexuality and religion. I don't mind having a homophobic for a friend-I have a couple, actually-but excessive and uncalled hate is something I will be out for blood for. Friendly teasing is fine, but anything excessive and crossing the line is something I will not-and cannot-tolerate.