1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heterophobic?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Miles D

Anyone else kinda freaked out by straight people? I know it's stupid, but I'm kind of afraid of straight people... I mean, I guess as much of a message being sent to straights that gays will want to rape them or have sex with any guy, there's the sentiment that anyone who is straight will try and beat you up.

And I've been REALLY lucky. The worst that's happened after I came out was lose a friend. But I still get a racey-uncomfortable heart and nervous around straight people. I don't have any really close straight friends.

(Also, I hate bathrooms. Probably because I'm trans, so I use a stall, and I'm always worried about guys calling me out or getting harassed.)

:slight_smile:

2. Brandford

I'm not afraid of straight people but I do have what I like to call "Straight Hating Moments", In which I hate all straight people and wish they would go extinct, You wouldn't believe what I was thinking after watching Milk

#2 Brandford, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  3. myra

I'm kinda sorta heterophobic towards girls. I'm afraid of what straight girls will think of me. I feel like i can't have any straight girl friends cuz they'll always think i'm hitting on them or crushing on them.

4. Mana

I'm not heterophobic as such, but definately hetero-chav-phobic (scared of straight chavs. Or any chavs really).

When I came out, most the school were really horrible to me, so...

5. Meropspusillus

I think they're bad for the planet.

6. crystaltriforce

i think people who are hardcore heterophobic are just as bad as those who are hardcore homophobic.

7. Trumpetplyer23

All of my friends are straight. Most of them are single, straight females. They don't feel uncomfortable around me or anything. They act completely natural, and often times when we touch, they touch me first.

I noticed that I stopped feeling awkward around them when I came out, mostly because there wasn't a bad reaction or anything. They said they were proud of me then they hugged me and things went back to the ordinary. Besides when they would shout "I Love You Sarah" in the hallways.

Heterophobes are just the same as homophobes, in my opinion. You're afraid of/freaked out by/hate someone just because of they're sexual orientation. Granted, there are a few assholes out there, but most of the straight population is relatively nice.

8. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    im hairphobic im scared of anything hairy

9. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    or small i can deal with big stuff but the little things come out of nowhere!

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Heterosexuals are responsible for 99% of all the abortions that have taken place, and the extreme majority of the divorces.

And people say they have the moral high ground?

11. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I understand heterophobia about as much as I understand homophobia

12. Kid Quasar

Sorry, but I could never hate a specific group of people. I have no reason to hate straight people, I wouldn't get envious because they could reproduce and whatnot.

13. Bunny

Yeah. I know it makes me a total hypocrite, but I'm a bit of a heterophobe. I don't know why. Just having it shoved down your throat all the time gets a bit old. Seeing people slobber all over eachother...blegh.

Also, I feel your pain. I still can't work up the courage to go into the dude's bathroom. >> Also haven't quite got the whole...peeing standing up thing down yet. xD;

14. Nugget

… as well as the bi-curious?

Haha.

15. littledinosaurs

using the stalls?
    if someone says something tell them you have a dick piercing and that if you used a urinal it'd spray everywhere and make a mess.
    its a legit excuse to cover your ass :slight_smile:

16. Mickey

I don't mind straight people,as long as they act gay in public.

17. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't mind them i just don't understand how a guy and a girl can be in a relationship. it just seems so... odd.

18. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Classic.

19. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even I get freaked out by straight people at times. :eusa_doh: It was only today when I overheard an interview on the radio with someone who opposed Obama becoming president, he made a HUGE fuss about gay issues. I could see his problem (it being the same as every other homophobic twit's) but as always, it just never sounded logical to me. I scares me that some people out there believe that there is only one right way for everything and therefore every other conflicting way must be wrong; this mentality make me feel like the freak for being pretty much the only person in my school who's openly supportive of gay rights and such, everyone else is either too embarrassed to speak up or couldn't care less. Any gay girls (I'm in an all girls') have been scared into the closet to the point of no return :bang:

Indeed, I couldn't agree more with the comments that have been made before, namely by Felismargarita and Wander, Mickey's made me laugh and I'm still chortling now, to be honest; we can be irrational idiots more often than not and it really makes the straight part of the population appear like utter dimwits as a group. There have been a few moments where I seethe with rage at these people. :tantrum:

Personally, and I know this is going to sound awfully cliché, but I couldn't care two hoots who people love, it's no big deal to me; the same sort of love you share with a spouse stems from the same respect and affection you can show your car, cat and teddybear. Admittedly, this seems to be lacking or non-existent in some people, who's apparent sole life aim is to smear their unhappiness into everyone else's face. :dry:

But I can proclaim wholeheartedly that I'm being terribly hypocritical with immense pride, because the everyday person on the street is a complete jerk. :slight_smile:

#19 Rosina, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  20. Markio

I don't have a hatred for straight people, nor am I afraid of the majority of them. At least not because of their sexual orientation...

Usually I'm just afraid to admit my true sexuality when in the company of certain groups or individuals. I don't feel comfortable telling my roommates I'm gay, but I don't fear or hate them. Well, I don't hate both of them. :lol: