1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Davey, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Davey

Okay, no one kill me please!
    Its really that I'm tired of OBAMA himself and its not that I'm not excited to see the first African American become president. Its just...

DO WE HAVE TO HAVE HIM EVERYWHERE??????

He's in every magazine, on every new station, and being talked about by every third person on the street. I feel bad but I'm starting to really not care anymore. I just want to see him in the White House doing his job. I really hope he can save us but I DON'T think he really needs to be on EXTRA.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, not at all. I'm tired of the phrases "Main Street and Wall Street", "team of rivals", and "change we can believe in", but the main who spoke them is worth celebrating. It's a pretty special day, and one I've enjoyed every minute of.

3. crystaltriforce

i am sick of how everyone is praseing and worshoping obama when he hasn't even done anything yet.

4. myra

SAME HERE! i even slept through the inaguration...which...thinking back, i prolly shoulda watched cuz it is technically history in the making. But i could care less. Not just cuz its Obama, but cuz its not THAT huge of a deal. Any presidential election. Arg. it annoys me. I've managed to escape it for the most part today.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The way I see it, people are thankful that not only is George Bush out of office but that he's being replaced by the first black president. It's not really a policy thing, just a very eventful day. ANYONE would have been a welcome replacement for old Georgie.

6. Jeimuzu

It'll quieten down. And crystal, it's human nature to hope for the best. He's charismatic, and the truly charismatic presidents include Bill Clinton, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, etc. =] So he seems to be a good choice thus far.

7. Davey

its just i like to watch the news and i couldn't even do that today. I know history in the making and stuff that's what I've been told ALL DAY! But like Myra said its just another president. Its awesome that he's the first African American president and i'll be happy to tell people in the future that I was alive to see it. But trust me I wouldn't be this excited even if Ellen DeGeneres became president. And those who know me know i LOVE Ellen!

well this is the last i post here (i hope) because i can tend to sound crappy when I don't mean to.

8. Markio

I am glad we've come so far in terms of racism and discrimination that we can have a biracial African-American president. I just hope he does a good job in the next four years. He was just sworn in, there might as well be throngs of happy people right now.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh gosh....you guys! How many times do I have to say this? This President is going to do more for your civil rights than any President EVER! Do you understand the impact of this? Maybe you all need to sit down with a 60 or 70 year old gay man and have him tell you what he has been through in his life. :tantrum:

10. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It may not seem like a big deal to you because you probably grew up thinking that there was no reason to discriminate against African-Americans, but think of all the people who lived through those times and all the people who are still shocked that this country has come so far as for them to see a black president in their lifetime. Us younger people may take it for granted, but this is an extremely special day for America and for many Americans. And really, considering just how huge the election has been this year and how important the issues are, seeing Obama everywhere is to be expected. The only thing I think the media has gone too far with are his daughters. The first day of school fiasco was ridiculous, there's absolutely no reason at all to broadcast those poor girls' lunch menus as if it were actually news and criticize their fashion sense.

11. Mickey

Wanna impress me? Elect a gay President!
    Seriously though,I think it's all wonderful. He is going to be the one to help us change views on Gay & lesbian rights.
    Okay,so maybe his face is EVERYWHERE,but it's a positive thing!
    Shoo,Brittney Spears is EVERYWHERE,for being negative!

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

While the news is pissing me off by tracking his every move and movements of his daughters, I'm still not tired of him...I'm tired o the media lol.

13. Urman

Urman Guest

100000000000% agree thats why i didn't vote for him

14. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wait...you didn't vote for him because...he wasn't President yet?

Bill Clinton was supposed to do the same, and it ended up being two terms of compromise and under-the-bus tossing. But as far as I can tell, this is one of the most pro-gay administrations to ever take office. I have high hopes, but I'm staying cautious for now.

15. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Let's not get politically charged guys...

16. Daveboie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know this is a mark in history. I do understand your feeling about the over abundance of praise and worship of the man people have chosen to lead America to a new direction. It is out of control. Ifeel the same way. However, that being said, we do need a new direction for our country, a new purpose for our generations to come to have and embrace for the future of mankind. I am struggling with some of the facts that HE IS the ONE. But I am not the ONE. I do intend to try to support and way his beliefs as he is only one man chosen to try and lead our country to a better way. We must all give him a chance and over look the media. It is the MEDIA that has become evryones worst nightmare in most all cases. They rub things in and stretch the truth and even hide the truth to get the mighty name and dollar.
    I challenge you to overlook this stumbling block of the media and allow yourself to look forward to again a new President. The process of election is an American way, it should be embraced and given the oppuritunity to spare as or country looks for the right directions to live our life, raise our children and prepare for our future.
    I do wish the media would back off too though. It is time. We are not in a world church, and do not all worship this man.

17. Nodnarb

The media talks about what sells. Right now, Obama is the big thing. Talking about him will make more money for them than anything else right now, so that's what they do.

And people aren't worshiping him. We're excited, optimistic, and hopeful about the future with him as President. And we're celebrating a huge moment in American history. It never seemed 'impossible' to me that we'd have a black president, but to people who grew up in a different time, it did. His election represents the drastic positive movement this country has made in terms of racial discrimination.

18. Urman

Urman Guest

like a few people said it angers me to see people praise this guy.

btw i dislike the media alot cause of what they do to get money from people like the obama coins and such and its all one sided

19. Nodnarb

Would you rather us ridicule him and throw shoes in his general direction?

20. techie01

I Cannot get enough of Obama!!!!