1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Friday Shopping.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've been going through some of the videos and am seeing that people were pretty violent this year at Black Friday shopping.

It seems like it's all just madness. Everyone just piles up on one another to get the best deals and then grabs it out of each others' hands when they try to leave the pile. Brawl fights and stampedes happen. It's just utter madness. What's your opinion on Black Friday? Would you go Black Friday shopping? Have you gone Black Friday shopping ever?

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Retailers here have have started advertising Black Friday over the past couple of years.. last year was the first time that people took any real interest in it, and it pretty much mirrored what happens over there.. large crowds, fights, police.. why they thought it was a good idea to introduce this piece of trash over here I don't know.

Anyway, I've been into town today and there isn't much difference between today and last Friday.. apparently people aren't bothering this year after what happened last year. In fact, a lot of retailers have stopped doing Black Friday sales all together. Hopefully it will completely fade away.

#2 imnotreallysure, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. Plattyrex

I just shop online. No real reason to get involved with these savages anymore, kinda makes me wonder why anybody still goes to the store on black friday.

4. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get enough of the busy crowds on Boxing Day, so I've never gone Black Friday shopping. But I do shop online and see if there's any deals on video games.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, it's not for me, plus, the things I plan to buy, you can't go out and get at most stores anyway, unless you went to a specialty board game store, or a fetish shop in the UK, which is a tad far. So mostly, I'll order my gifts online. I generally use ABE for books, as I like to give a few first editions out for presents; board games from various places, sometimes auctions...naughty stuff from various UK based places.

So there isn't much of a draw to black Friday for me...unless malls these days have some very different stores than they used to.

Thus, I'll enjoy a cozy day in my little den, as others claw, push and bite their way through herds, packs and swarms of snarling, aggressive stampeding shoppers!

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't care much about Black Friday itself, but it bothers me quite a bit that it's extended early into Thanksgiving now, taking away from one of the few truly family days of the year. Midnight was bad enough, but it's stupid that it starts early Thursday evening now.

With that said, I did stop by the mall at around midnight last night which was completely jammed as expected. I'd never do that for myself as I'll gladly pay a few more bucks to avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot and pushing my way through crowds, but my grandfather wanted to buy a new computer for my grandmother and the Microsoft Store had a pretty good deal so I took one for the team. There were a ton of people but everything was civil from what I could see; I wouldn't have wanted to go during the day today which I imagine is even more crowded. From what I can tell though the fights typically happen over "door buster" deals which I'd never bother with.

8. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    With online shopping, I don't see much of a point putting yourself in physical danger for deals. I just bought a couple records online with a nice little discount.

9. DinelodiiGitli

I avoid black friday shopping like the plague. There's no way I'm going into any local retail store with the pack of rabid, angry holiday shoppers.

I'm too broke anyway. :lol:

10. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Broke college kid so mope

11. photoguy93

I don't partake. I think they'd have to offer up a free Tesla, 60inch TV, beachfront home in Malibu AND dinner with Brad and Angie before I'd even consider going.

One issue I've had, though, is everyone posting on facebook and such about how bad it is and it's all the retailer's fault, etc. etc. why are people still going then? It's like the Kardashian's - everyone bitches but they're still super high rated and ever-popular.

12. setnyx

i agree online is the way to go. i think it's the rush & the way to blow of some steam after being civilized the day before.

13. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Black Friday isn't so much of a thing where I live: only five shops held sales specific to Black Friday, and even though they were slightly busier than usual, the customers were mainly me and loads of old people.

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only shopping I do on Black Friday is that which is necessary routine (e.g., grocery store stops). I actually take a sort of strange pride in not doing any big shopping.

15. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can get some sweet deals on Black Friday. So yeah, I do go shopping then, but at Friday evening and we avoid the crowds.

16. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Brazil, Black Friday isn't really important... most stores raise prices a day or two before Black Friday, and then offer a "huge discount", that is just the normal price of the product (or, in some cases, a minimal 10% discount or something like that). And no one complains because the majority of people have no idea what Black Friday means anyway (and that's why we don't have lots of people running inside stores to buy things).

However, as i play lots of games, i like Black Friday. I got some skins for Heroes of The Storm and i'm thinking about getting a game or two on Steam. But that's it.

17. BookWriter1994

I really don't like it really. I mean, yes my family and I went to like Walmart and Target on Thanksgiving day but we didn't really shop. We just looked around and made fun of people who were shopping and who were putting big items in small cars.

I work at a home improvement store and yesterday was crazy! it was busy all day long and I was so ready to go home after 10. Now I can see why retailers do not like working on Black Fridays. Worse day ever

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it takes workers away from their families, and the fighting and competition over who can buy the cheapest stuff is about the antithesis of the holiday spirit. I don't participate and think it should be illegal.

19. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Black Friday shopping. I've went several years. As for the videos I'm sure that stuff does happen but it's kinda like the news they only show the bad stuff and not the good..so you have to keep that in kind. I try to make sure the stores I go to for Black Friday are in a good area and I try to go to the same location every year since I know those stores don't get as busy and they have plenty workers and security etc. I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for the Black Friday sale on Thursday nights and it was pretty calm. I waited in line like everyone else and when they relapsed the items each person took what they want and that was that. The worst part was some people just trying to get through and accidentally bumping you or your cart..but if you seen the lines and how small the spaces were to get up to the front you would understand. The following day I went to petsmart and everyone there was really nice as we waited in line we met people and talked to them and how excited we were to be shopping etc. skin general it just depends where you go and what type of people are there.
    The only thing I wish is that it was all actually on Friday rather than on thanksgiving day

#19 mobrien1993, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015