1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adopted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myra, Jan 20, 2009.

1. myra

Anyone here adopted? I'm curious. We're going over it in my child development class.

Are you angry towards your biological parents? We're you hurt they didn't keep you or grateful they gave you up? We're you told at a young age you are adopted? Do you feel like you keep up with your peers psychologically and socially? What are your thoughts on all of this?

I'd just like to know as its what we're going over in class. If you don't want to answer on here, feel free to PM me!

2. Tim

Tim

Just going to say something: Not all adopted kids are in the dark of the adoption. Some kids are adopted during their teens. Our family friends adopted their children while the kids are very capable of knowing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: One of them is 12 and the other is 10, and they were adopted a few months ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. myra

That's true! Thanks for putting that out there, Myzou!

With that added, let me know your thoughts and reactions to this. Thanks! :slight_smile:

4. Miles D

I was adopted at six weeks old, and my brother (biologically unrelated to me) was adopted as soon as he was born (our parents were at his birth). We both have completely open adoptions, and see some of our birth families regularly. My birth mother is a flake, same with my brother's birth father, so they haven't been in the picture much. But our birth grandparents and other birth family we're in touch with. They're like the distant relatives you see twice a year.
    We were told since forever that we were adopted, it was never a secret.

I was adopted because my parents were in high school (both 16). And my brother's parents were not in a relationship, and his birth mother was only 20.

I know all my family loves me, they'll support me blah blah blah.

Only time when we've butted-heads was when I just recently came out as transgender, and my birth father said he was questioning his decision to "give me away". Well, of course he did, because if he hadn't I'd have a fucking crappy life. But he has three young boys with his wife, and they're really adorable. I'm not mad or regret being adopted or anything. It's kind cool, actually.

PM me if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

5. Markio

My high school drama teacher had adopted her daughter, but refuses to let her know, even though the whole drama department is in on it. The girl is really spoiled, I hope she gains some maturity by the time her parents let her know.