1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Drunk

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ram90, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I don't think that often. It's like maybe a couple times a year. New Year's Eve and My Birthday are the ones where I actually go out with friends and drink virtually everything I get my hands on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So I bought myself 2 beers yesterday and drank them over the course of 2 hours while binge watching a TV show on my laptop. They were 650 ml (~ 21 fl. oz.) bottles (You don't get cans of beer in my country :frowning2:). So the weird thing is that I felt super high after that and I passed out drunk. :eek: I know this because I woke up a couple of hours later on the floor. I vaguely remember falling on my bed before I blacked out.

So....Is it possible to get drunk on only 2 beers? I'm asking cause it's embarrassing that I did. :icon_sad:

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Two of that size? Yes. In America the average size of a bottle or can of beer is 12 oz (the size that generally comes in a six-pack). You drank nearly the equivalent of four 12 oz beers, so yes, it's possible to get drunk off of that, especially if you don't drink very often. So don't feel too embarrassed. :slight_smile:

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  3. guitar

Depending on your size, what you've eaten that day and alcohol content, you can get pretty tipsy after 2 beers. For me it depends on the day. It can take me 7-8 beers before I REALLY feel it, or if I've eaten nothing that day, 2-3 of the right beer will really hit me.

4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was actually snacking on a salad while having the beer come to think of it. Slices of Carrots, Onions and Beetroots. I have no idea why we had a bowl full of those in the Fridge. But I had them with the beer. I don't think they helped really, but at least I know my Alcohol Tolerance level lol. :grin:

Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The more often you drink, the less it affects you, so it's probably because you don't drink very often :slight_smile:

6. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You surely can if you don't drink regularly. I see that you are from India, and from my observations Asian, Arabic and Indian people have lower alcohol toleration.

7. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Maybe. My Brother-in-Law is Indian and he's had a naturally high tolerance for Booze. And because he drinks at least a couple of times a week now, he's building it up even more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe there are exceptions lol.

#7 Ram90, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all depends on the individual. Some bodies can handle a lot of alcohol, some bodies can only handle a bit. It took me about 6-8 oz. of whisky to get tipsy/drunk. Though I've never passed out or thrown up.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Getting drunk is pretty overrated. It depends on your genetics, strength of alcohol, whether you're on an empty stomach, the amount drunk, time passed, tolerance, etc.