1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Just Join Hrc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grof142007, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Grof142007

SO I made a 35$ donation and join HRC im so happy i Fianlly took a step toward getting my rights and i even get a free HRC scarf XD Have u guys hard obama starting working on GLBT Rights

2. theworld

haha, didn't recognize the abbreviation at first. :grin: That's wonderful you're supporting it. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

3. Grof142007

come to find out i miss the deadline for the free scarf but that doesn't matter because i am a basic member of the Human Right Campaign

4. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I joined up too yesterday. Hopefully my scarf and the papers I am sure they will send will come on a day that I get the mail. That may make for an awkward conversation with my mom.

5. Grof142007

that awesome. I sent a email saying i want to get into the partner ship program. Where i pay a 10$ each month XD it says we get a pin but im not sure if it the one im looking for

there one with the HRC logo and rainbow color that the one i want. but there another one with just the HRC logo

6. xequar

I actually just canceled my membership with the HRC after being a monthly donor for well over a year. I feel they spend too much time throwing galas and not enough time on the ground doing things like opposing Prop 8, Prop 2, and Prop 102. They had no visibility at all in Arizona especially. Then, shortly after all three of those evil marriage props passed, they sent me an invitation for a Spa Night! Really? You couldn't spend a couple bucks on, you know, fighting for our rights in Arizona, yet you can afford to put on a spa night?

IMHO, the HRC spends far too much time living the high life and hobknobing with their Washington buddies and not enough actually fighting for us. Once I get past my surgery and have money coming in again, my $25 monthly donation will be going to either Lambda Legal or the Triangle Foundation here in Michigan.

7. Grof142007

woot i just got my scarf it made out of good material i love it and it looks hot as hell XD money well spent

now to find a oufit that will go with it