1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird guilt with no cause?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, Nov 29, 2015.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    so i came out to my sister a while ago and my best friend later after that. they were completely accepting of it (although my best friend thought it would be a good idea for him to tell his parents....its oh so awkward now) yet i feel huge regret for doing it, i really dont know why but i wish i hadnt told them even though at the time i really needed to tell.

what is the cause of this? does anyone else know the feeling?

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe it's some sort of internal homophobia. Search your feelings. Listen to the thoughts you have when you feel this guilt, what do they say?

3. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    actually looking into yes id say i have a huge inability to come out even in a safe and accepting environment, my parents would be totally cool with me being gay, i can say that for certain yet apparently i cant tell them, reading that it could be internal homophobia is cause for further reading, something inside me changed when i read the reply as this really does feel like its the issue. but i just dont have the confidence to actually...you know...do it

4. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found that around your age I had problems with this deep irrational homophobia. That still believed that I should just adhere and be straight. But I challenged these thoughts and they would eventually disappeared. I don't know about you, but I think for me these thoughts came from my early school years when everyone was homophobic. I don't know if you have ever been in a homophobic environment. Maybe some of those ideas are still hiding inside your head.

#4 gibson234, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015