1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Bush Did

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swamp56, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm SICK and f**king tired of people saying Bush was the devil and how he didn't do anything good in office. I found this article that shows a bit of what Bush DID do that was good in office....

....None of you realized how much he and his cabinet did work. The downfall of Bush was the Iraq War, which ruined his popularity, even though we toppled a horrific regime that was oppressing human beings and killing their own citizens.

Please don't bash me, I'm sharing my opinion, not putting it unto you like a lot of other liberal Democrats do to me in my state and on this site.

Did I say he was a good president? NO. I'm just showing you that he did do some good.

And yes, I'm a republican, and you're not going to change that

/rant

#1 Swamp56, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Shevanel

woot Chris :slight_smile:

3. Ty

Ty

"Keep that faith, keep your courage, stick together, stay strong, do not yeild, do not flinch, stand up, we're Americans... We're Americans and we'll never surrender, they will!"
    - John McCain

Lolvietnam

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My signature has nothing to do with anything. Ya, I supported McCain....big deal.

5. Ty

Ty

Just pointing out the irony m'dear.

So your a republican...why?

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Lol, that doesn't matter either...just so happens I have a lot of republican viewpoints.

7. Ty

Ty

Oh gosh how boring. Okay I'll give you another question to start off a debate. Does Mr. Bush's good points outweigh the harm and unpopular things he did during his time in office?

And if you don't want to respond to that, then give me something to work with!

8. partietraumatic

i made the point about bush's contribution in Africa only yesterday to a friend :slight_smile: OK so he wasn't a great president and sure he made alot of mistakes,but that doesn't mean we should erase from our memories the fact that he did do some very good things. There is a reason he is revered hugely in africa- he did more the help that continent than many other leaders of the supposedly civilised and developped world have ever done.

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm not starting a debate Ty. Again, you clearly didn't spend the time to read the bottom of my thread. I DID NOT say he was a great president.

I am giving another viewpoint of the situation. So don't start with me, or give me the cold, icy shoulder that Bush haters usually give.

#9 Swamp56, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  10. partietraumatic

Ty, Swamp didnt say that his good things outweighed his bad things, just that we should recognise that he did some good, and we should :slight_smile: even if we dont like the majority of what he did

11. xequar

The good Bush did? Massively outweighed by the BAD he did.

I'm ashamed now to admit it, but I once was a staunch Republican, too. In 2000, I was 18, and my first vote for president of the U.S. went to W.

I made the mistake of voting Republican once because I was young, stupid, and had no fucking clue about how the world really worked. I made the mistake of voting Republican once, but NEVER again.

12. Ty

Ty

I didn't say you did say he was a good president. I was just asking out of curiosity, is that not allowed?
    Oh no, my shoulder is very warm thankyou and I'm not "starting" with you. I don't know why your responding so negatively to a debate. Be nice. ~

13. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I do not want to start a political debate, due to the fact that they always end up with fighting...all I wanted to do is show you some of the good that Bush did. I'm done arguing with you.

14. myra

I want to thank you for putting this up here. I really think things have been blown out of proportion with the election and everything. Bush made some decisions that other people couldn't make. I think it is really hard to be a leader of a country where so many people have so many different decisions. He did what he thought would be best. In the end, it wasn't but at least he gave it a shot. Now its Obama's turn to give it a shot. He'll have to make just as many tough decisions. Maybe his will work out, and maybe they won't. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Bush tried his hardest and things just didn't go as planned. But nothing ever does. He didn't intentionally screw up and try to make the country worse. He's only human. He makes mistakes. Everyone does. It takes alot of guts to get up and be the leader of a country that is like America. Like i said, at least he tried.

15. Ty

Ty

I don't find it diffcult to have a political debate without arguing, really. And the final point I shall make in this discussion is that Hitler did some good, but overall he wasn't such a nice chap, no?*
    Just because he did a few good things doesn't mean that we should shed a tear for his departure. Goodnight.

16. myra

Your comparing him to Hitler? That's harsh dude.

17. partietraumatic

thats a bit quite an offensive comparison to make...comparing bush to hitler. Im not saying bush was good,but he wasn't an inherantly bad person, he just made some bad decisions. Hitler WAS an inherantly bad person!

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

QFT

Bush is actually known to be an incredibly nice guy...even some democrat actors and politicians will agree as well.

He's more of the guy you drink with I'm guessing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

19. myra

Definately Swamp. He's a small town laid back type of guy. I forget where I read it, but it said exactly that. He's a real great guy, just not great president. One I wouldn't mind hanging out with for a day though.

20. partietraumatic

id quite like a drink with bush lol,i think that would be awesome. My 18th is coming up...wander if he fancies popping around for a drink lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: