1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ways to start getting out on my own?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sebulba, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, im 20 years old and i still live with my grandmother. I feel so behind in life it almost hurts. I have graduated high school, but i have no further education, and i would like to get away from the town i live in, but not too far.

I was considering going to a college/university of some sort as a possibility, but not sure if this is a good way or not.

What are some of your ideas?

#1 Sebulba, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Not to worry friend, life starts whenever you want it to. What do you think you'd like to study?

3. trojan

go to college. I did. and one of the best things I did. You dont have to have a plan. the first year is for basic courses. getting the feel of the place and partying.
    Try not to have your granny run your life; Im sure she would be glad to. Maybe go far enough away that weekend visits are impossible.
    Anyway: Good idea to go to college. Once there you meet so many different people doing so many different things. home feels like a dream you had a long time ago.

4. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the ideas so far.

As for what i would like to study? I have no idea.

#4 Sebulba, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  5. candyjiru

Have you been on "meetup.com?" They have people organizing group activities like hiking, camping, going to museums, gaming, RPing, partying~ and you can join them for free~ I do that where I am sometimes, and there are a lot of people that go to them~ Maybe check it out and see if anything interests you?

If you're looking to get out of town and find friends, college is always great, but if it's not in the cards for you right now, have you looked at any job opportunities that would pay enough to support you in another city? Even a job in your city could open you up to new friends~ I still keep in contact with a few of the people from my old jobs (even from a job I left 5 years ago~)

I hope you're able to find new friends and not feel left behind~ but don't worry about making everything happen at once... just remember that if you put some effort into it, you should be able to find someone nice soon ^.^

6. Ditz

College if you can is an awesome idea!

What are your interests? If you like business, go to Bussiness school, architecture, become an architect, law, think about becoming a lawyer, a doctor, an accountant, nurse, pilot, engineer... You have all the options in the world available to you.

Always good idea to go into a field that interest you and then pinpoint careers in that field that's in demand. A career counsellor would be able to help you identify options.

7. Mitchell

I can relate. I'll be 24 soon and I'm now on my 2nd year at the community college, although I am only part time so that explains a bit.

I myself am looking to future my education, potentially online.

It's such a great feeling, or at least it was for me, to start leaving home regularly.

I don't know your life situations or struggles... but it made one hell of a difference for me to find ways to leave home a few days a week.

You can always look around for course offerings at a local college / community college, career school, something like that. Once you start looking, you will realize there is more in your area than you probably thought.

8. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do have some interest in some sciences, however im weak in math. I find history interesting.

Also, I never did any extra activities in high school so i wouldn't mind going to a place with other activities.

9. Mitchell

I'm sure you will find it!!!

I'm in the local community college at the moment, and I have a club I go to every Tuesday. In fact, we usually order pizza with funding we get from the school... then every other Thursday I got to represent the club at the school council meeting, of which lunch is also served.

Give it a shot!

10. Ditz

Google is your friend! Start doing some research and see what interests you. It doesn't have to involve maths, it could be artsy like interior design or advertising. There's so many options out there, you just need to take that first step.

11. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you guys so far

12. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel you I'm 24 and still living at home while I finish my degree. Friends are all getting big boy/girl jobs and moving into their own places. Then there is me going home to live with my mother..... * just 10 more months hopefully*