1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dungeons & Dragons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mental, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Who here plays D&D or something very similar?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay, I've been a D&D 3.5 player and a Pathfinder player. :3 :3 :3

3. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I never played DnD. I'd like to try 5e but I don't want to ask for a starter kit for christmas only to find that no one else in my area wants to play. There's a gaming club in my college but with winter break coming up I'll have to wait a month and a half to see if they actually play D&D and if there is actually any space for me to jump in as a complete newbie.

Although It's not D&D i'm trying to learn the Marvel Superheroes RPG (all the rule and guidebooks are online) so I can play it with my brother and possibly with his friends over the internet.

I hear that no one ever uses the Chat on EC, I guess in theory it could be used for online d&d without anyone giving a damn. Rolls would have to be based on trust, which would likely fall apart very quickly the second someone starts getting 20s.

4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play D&D. We've been using 5th edition. I'm currently salty that our ranger got a giant's belt so now his strength is higher than mine...

...I'm a tanky fighter that uses two-handed weapons... There is no reason that the ranger's strength should be higher than mine, I don't think...? Like, as long as he's wearing that belt, his strength boosts to 21. Mine's 18. I don't understand.

5. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Pin 'm under one of them fancy immovable rods everybody's talking about about and offer him freedom in exchange for the belt.

Or just wait until he gets cocky and gets mugged by a dozen werebears or something.

#5 Bismuth, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't play but my bf has the books saved on a hard drive (he didn't have access to right now) and is absolutely throwing a fit wanting to run a game of Vampire the Masquerade and wanting me to play. Figure at some point I'll wind up. Giving it a shot.

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhh, my character's too nice for the first option >,> and the second option likely won't happen because he's...well, technically two people in one character...and the people who play him are trade-off DMs. *slightly frustrated eye roll* Auto-favoritism on most shenanigans, more likely than not. If they die they're screwed, though. Can't get out of that ehehe.
    I talked to the one who bought the giant's belt in the first place (because he brought it up. He found the strength change amusing), expressing that I felt it was some kind of stupid cop out unnecessary buff (the items that the rest of the group got were to help out on some aspects that were crippling, but this ranger definitely does not lack in strength. His base stat for it was 17, I believe.) and he just kinda shrugged it off. I have not talked to the other one about it, though. He might come up with something to excuse it...Who knows?

8. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've played Pathfinder a few times, and I'll jump at the chance to play it again. Don't know when that'll be, though. :confused:

9. Plattyrex

I used to play when I was younger, but now I've more or less forgotten everything. I recently went back and flipped through some of my older books, and I just remembered how complicated this game is with math and stuff. Sometimes I feel like I was smarter then than I am now.

10. MissMook

I used to play D&D 4th edition back in college.

I didn't really have enough time to figure out a complex character, so I just made a fire-starting halfling sorcerer with maxed out Charisma and a crazy high Intimidation skill. Got us through quite a lot of predicaments and gave me an excuse to vent and swear out loud.

It was a lot of fun. ^___^

11. Jellal

Yo, I simply ADORE Numenera/Cypher System! It's like D&D but with way easier rules and a whole lot less number crunching so the gameplay moves faster. I've had fun with Pathfinder in the past but I like this system way better for how speedily things work.

I'm the proud member of a Final Fantasy-inspired campaign that we've been playing for almost one whole year now! This Saturday, the journey continues ... last time, the party worked together to defeat a Tonberry, which was crazy scary because despite how low level those guys are, they can kill a player in a single hit.

Anyway ... yeah. These tabletop games are to me, the best kind of games in history. I love the adventuring, the jokes, the imagination, the world-building, the ACTING (and voice acting.) It all comes together to make an experience like no other.

12. guitar

I've played Munchkin and love RPGs but haven't actually played D&D.

13. Posthuman666

Me!! I have ran a few RPG games, always as DM, for my friends. I have done some Pathfinder, some 4e, Shadowrun, and a few more. I am about to start a campaing using the Fate Core system that allows you to make any setting and integrete it really easily, and we are doing the webcomic we are working on.

14. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cool. I own 4e starter kit and monster manual, 2e player's guide, and have a pdf for oriental adventures. Recently I have found a homebrew nekomimi race. I think I want to make my own nekomimi race though in my idea of it.

Has anyone hear heard of Oriental Adventures?

15. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope to one day! I've always thought it sounded fun, and I found there's a group in my area the gathers once a week to play and always accepts newbies! My friend he told me who to call whenever I want. I'll keep my eye on it and join when I'm a bit older if I can.

16. Cedar

I've always wanted to play an RPG like DnD or something but I'm always too shy to go, don't have any decent transportation or I live in an area where no one really plays. Though I hope moving to my new place, I'll be able to find somewhere or someone that plays such things so I can try it out.

17. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never played, but would be willing to try if the opportunity came along.

This piece on Dungeons & Dragons might be of interest. It was written by Brent Hartinger (Geography club author).

Everything I Know I Learned From Dungeons & Dragons | Brent's Brain

I think I recall reading another piece he wrote talking about occasionally meeting and playing Dungeons & Dragons with the friends he had growing up.

18. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've actually been playing Pathfinder a little over a year now. I'm actually not very good at playing, and still learning, but i'm having fun doing it. Plus i'm playing a campaign with a couple of close friends who are familiar with the game and help me learn the in's and out's.

19. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently started listening to a podcast of the McElroy's (from My Brother My Brother and Me.) and their father playing D&D together. It's not very serious and it's a lot of exposition but its very funny and a treat to listen to.

[YOUTUBE]SXqjz3LWBa4[/YOUTUBE]

#19 Bismuth, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  20. DMark69

I played AD&D (now referred to as 2e) back when I was in school. Now have the books for pathfinder, and looking to start a game soon.