1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best or Funniest White Elephant/Yankee Swap Gift You've Ever Gotten

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Dec 2, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Also, just curious what everyone knows it as personally. Around where I live, it's a Yankee Swap. But I know a lot of other people call it a White Elephant.

The best I've gotten is one of those suuuuuper soft fancy blankets. I didn't even put in a gift for that one, but someone else in my family brought two so I got to join in:slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A really bad romance novel.

But some of the ones I've given have been even better. One year I gave a copy of The Book of Mormon, condoms, and a can of Bud Light. Last year I gave a Hot Guys and Baby Animals calendar, to which I taped pics of me and my bf with our respective pets. Also, my dad's side of the family does a name draw and when snuggies were popular I got a leopard print one for my cousin who was a freshman in college at the time (and he still wears it).

3. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I call it a White Elephant gift exchange. I actually never heard of it being called a Yankee Swap.

What I've gotten:

I got a toy turkey leg (it was kind of an inside joke) and a slap and chop once.
    A Santa Butt Musical Farting 5" Plush Christmas Ornament.
    A butter knife with it's own set of decorative jam jars.
    A vanilla bean in a jar...

I don't know about good, Just random things.

4. candyjiru

I've done them a couple of times but never really remember what I got... I don't really care much about physical goods, I guess?

Last year I got a spice rack, though... and they told me the spices were old so they probably weren't very good x.x

5. thepandaboss

Think the best one was a pair of vintage comic books, Spider-Man and the Incredible Hulk, I got during one of my family's get-togethers. Funniest wasn't me but it was my brother. He ended up with a gift my great-grandmother had put in for herself- imitation crab meat and a Fred Meyer's gift card. I think we made crab rolls out of the meat.

6. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best, and funniest, was an ostrich beanie baby in a garbage bag. I got him a few years ago and still haven't thought of a name.

7. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My family always called it a Kris Kringle. Last year my cousin had just been married before Christmas, and her husband received a huge packet of aphrodisiac tea for women.

8. CuriousMother

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Once, I remember my husband tried to be thoughtful and buy me a very pretty necklace off the internet. He miss-clicked somehow, and when it arrived, rather then checking it, he wrapped it up, still in the box it was sent in.
    I was rather shocked to find on Christmas morning, not what he thought he'd ordered, but a very ugly polo-neck Christmas jumper.
    He was more upset than I was, and he always checks things very, very carefully now.