1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any artists here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Janvier, Jan 22, 2009.

?

What type of artist are you?

1. Musician

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Dancer

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Singer

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Drawer

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Painter

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Actor

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Photographer

6 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Filmmaker

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Sculptor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. VJ (Video DJ)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Writer

13 vote(s)
    15.1%
  12. Decorater

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Fashion Designer

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  14. Other (Calligraphy, Origami,...)

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  15. Not an artist

6 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. Janvier

Seems like a poll trend is starting, so here's mine :slight_smile:

It is said that LGBTs often have a love for the arts, a little stereotypical but true.

Are you an artist?
    Beginner or expert?
    What genre and what style?
    How long have you been practicing your art?
    Do you expect to make money/become famous?

2. kaster

ooh wow 1st, cool. play the flute. Been playing for 9 years so I'm no beginner :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Jazz, classical...anything really. I just play as a hobby, Im not doing lessons or anything anymore and don't expect to make money from it unless I do Christmas busking if I need spare cash :slight_smile:

3. lodiug

I'm an artist, but I can't choose one because I do more then one.
    I do drawing, photography and fashion design.
    I've been drawing since I was 9 and fashion design since I was 15.
    I've just started photography and I want to buy a professional digital camera!
    I hope I can make money and become really famous
    I also like graphic design!

4. Amy

Amy

I am primarily a writer but I also perform (act, sing and dance...-ish) and do some photography and fashion design. I am currently trying my hand at painting and love it. Also, I would love to learn filmmaking and music.

5. Janvier

I know I'm sorry, I meant to make the poll with multiple choices but I forgot, I asked a mod tho so it'll get changed soon :slight_smile:

6. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Are you an artist?
    Yes. Sorta.

Beginner or expert?
    An interesting quote: "Amateurs do something until they get it right; professionals do something until they can't get it wrong."
    That being said, I'm an amateur.

What genre and what style?
    There is a bit of a list here.
    My main "art" is improv. I generally follow Johnstonian ideals, but I wouldn't say no to a workshop with Del Close.
    I also sculpt and make puppets.
    I also draw comics.

How long have you been practicing your art?
    Improv for 5+ years.
    Sculpting and puppets for 3 years.
    Drawing since forever.

Do you expect to make money/become famous?Yes.
    If I could have my way, I'd become a famous comedian. And also dig up dinosaur bones.

#6 Numfarh, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  7. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i write :]

8. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put musician, I took piano for 5 years then started band in school, I play fr horn and t-bone, I spend over 15 hours a week in the band room, I'm in all the bands I can be in, Jazz 1 (we've got two, I made the top one), Wind Ensemble (invite only), and the in-class symphonic band. I'm not really a musician, I just play, live, and love music...

9. J Schuelke

I am a singer/songwriter/musician, I have been playing guitar for 5 years and have written at least 5 working songs. I do a lot of drawing (when I have the time), I focus a lot on anthropomorphic art (look it up) and have been drawing for 4 years considering myself an intermediate. I like to take a lot of pictures when I am camping or on other trips and am in the process of writing my own short story, which is a gay themed slice-of-life story about every day lives of a certain group of friends who live in san fransico. PHEW! I think I got them all.

#9 J Schuelke, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  10. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am what deviantart describes as being a Digital Artist so I really don't know what that would come under :lol:

11. theworld

piano for 13 years

mostly classical but have recently gotten into playing soundtracks from movies

no, I don't expect to become famous from it. I prefer to play alone and for myself.

12. interstella

I'm a musician, I learnt the piano for 7 years and now I make electro music (does that count as real music? lol)
    I would love to be a photographer though :slight_smile:

13. Bunny

Dunno if I'd call myself an artist, but I draw! o3o

Been drawing all my life. Can't say I'm all that good (in a slump right now, feh) but I'm...pretty okay, for my age. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, and I write too. I've been told I write quite well, but I disagree. :x

14. jazzrawr

I'm an actor, not exactly pro but I'm not a beginner either. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I draw as well, but just as a habit.
    I've been acting for 2 years or so, but I do it somewhat naturally I suppose.

It'd be nice to be famous for it, but I realize how little chance I have. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I can't choose one because I basically do all the arts. That sounds own-horn-tooting-y, but it's just the truth. My main art would be acting, it's been probably my passionate interest for about 7 years now. I'd like to become an actor one day.

16. Daniel

I'm the first to click Fashion Designer...

WHERE IS ADRYEN!?

17. Jeimuzu

I dally in many of them, but specifically musician (guitar & bass, five years), photographer (took some real arty shots), and writer (do nanowrimos when I can, and write some short stories too).

18. joss22

If anything, you could call me a musician, I have played violin for about 8 years, though, I didn't really get into it until about 3 years ago. Even though I am in orchestra, I much prefer Irish fiddle music, and I have been taking lessons from an Irish player, though I taught myself plenty of American style music before that. I used to be really into drawing, but that kind of faded away as I got busier (AKA high school), I think I am going to try to override prerequisites at my school though, and take a full year art course, considering I am going to be a Senior, and I never really had the chance to take an art course. I also do a little bit of music composition, I took the course on it, so I know all my music theory :grin:

19. Mana

Apparently I'm creative. I'm not exactly good at anything, but I like to draw and write (I have combined these and am making an online comic at the moment. Does anyone want to see it?) I'm also a member of a theatre group (I originally wanted to be a standup comedian but I fail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I haven't even tried, but I still fail. I wrote some stuff that was rubbish and gave up).

I also do other random stuff. I'm likely to try anything. I can't play instruments though.

The things I like tro draw are petsite art (I'm kind of sad) and the characters from The Spammy Adventures of Tiggy and Mana (my online comic. The characters are based on real people.)

The things I like to write are, at the moment, my comic, but also sitcoms, songs (usually parody songs, although I have done some "serious" stuff... one of which was a love song. I know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) when I was little I liked to write stories... I've written a sketch befor which was afwul. I've written some stand up. Erm... I write whatever really...

I'm not sure whether this counts as an art, but I like to sew things... like ears onto hoodies... and I have made toy ragdoll-style Modwolves before... (I was tempted to say "I put shells on things" then...)

20. tallship

I would love to be talented in an art form ,but alas I'm not.I attempt photography badly only point and shoot stuff. Though i enjoy using my hands and can do some leather working ,but that is mostly doing repairs.So I am jealous of you talented people ,but I know it is down to you putting in the hours of hard work on top of the basic talent that you have naturally.