1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you only hit on people if it's at an LGBT place?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Driftr

I was just wondering this. I haven't actually ever hit on or flirted with anyone outside of online dating sites (I know sad life lol) but I was wondering... do you only hit on people if the place is an official LGBT hangout or do you ever try your luck out in the open?

Also do you think it's wise to avoid doing it out in the open and stick to just strictly LGBT hangouts?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't hit on anyone, period, but I feel like I would be safer hitting on someone in an LGBT hangout area, OR if I'm in a more private area, like at a friend's house or at a party. I know gay guys love to do the "eye-fucking" thing in non-LGBT areas, but never make a move.

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been to an LGBT hangout. I also am not the kind of person who really hits on people. It's more like I internally scream and then maybe they'll like me back? Like, I'm pretty open with talking to people outside of family about my sexuality and whatnot, and...welp, I met my boyfriend through a production that we were in together at the community college. We didn't even find out about each other's gender identities until our first date, but yea. We got to know each other, we were open, and then one day he asked me out on a date. Aaaand now we've been together for 3 months.

So...I'm the kind of person who tries my luck out in the open, I guess?

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd probably hit on people anywhere, but I'd need to know what their sexuality or romantic attraction are first, for me, getting it wrong would be more embarrassing than being told 'no' because they simply didn't like me.

#4 Secrets5, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I was single I was pretty much an equal opportunity offender. I'd make the moves pretty much anywhere, but I have a pretty accurate gaydar. I can only really think of one time I was wrong--a guy at the gym. He was straight, but was actually pretty flattered, nice guy.

6. hungerofthepine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've never been to an LGBT place, so I'm just doing it out in the open and think like, hey if the whole world's a stage why not? The whole word's an LGBT place to me. Of course rejection sucks, but you'll never know what could happen if you don't try. :slight_smile:

#6 hungerofthepine, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Me neither... But on the rare exception (that mother nature's masterpiece catching my eye and squeezing my guts) I couldn't give a damn if we were on a funeral.

#7 Michael, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  8. BaldOldGoat

I'm not exactly sure specifically what "hit on" entails? I will say that once at a bus stop a very attractive fellow seemed rather friendly, and it was only later that my average-looking self came to the conclusion, "OMG! He was probably flirting!"

You never know ...