1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some encourageing words for people who are feeling down about themselves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Acuba403, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Acuba403

Just a reminder for everyone that has been put down by others or are comparing themselves to people, whether it's your peers or those on magazines. Weight is just a number, it changes for different reasons and fluctuates throughout the day. It is constantly changing; it is impossible to get to this societal expectation of beautiful without undergoing some sort of surgery or non-natural form or process. If you're worried about how you look and you want to be "beautiful" remember that, societal views on beauty are constantly changing and will continue to change. The only one who can say that you are beautiful or not is you and you alone. I recently told this to a friend of mine who called me awesome. I'm not awesome I've just come to realize that society is socially messed up and that it holds an unrealistic goal for people. The only opinion of you that matters is your own, if you are happy with you be you don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you do want to change then make sure it's for you and you alone.

There's my rant on beauty, just love yourself and do you. Love you all

-A

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If someone refuses to date you because they don't think you're beautiful, then they're not worth it. The people who date you even though they think you're ''ugly'' but will tell everyone in public you're ''beautiful'' because of your personality - that's whose worth it.

I've already said this, but not even the most ''beautiful'' people in the world aren't beautiful for everyone. Take Marilyn Monroe or David Tennant, I don't see what people see 'beautiful'' in them - but other people do, and beautiful or not, it doesn't change their personality. My point is, is that just because one person doesn't find you beautiful, someone else will, so be yourself whoever that is [e.g. make-up or no-make-up] and someone will find you. If not, their loss.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

You're super great, I'd like to seemore threads like this.

4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's nice to be complimented if it's a genuine compliment. I get the intent of these threads, but some people do care what others think about them. There have been times where I was down, and a kind word from a friend who, not knowing how I felt, gave me nice words and it made such a difference. If I were to have the attitude that only my opinion matters, then it would be worthless to have friends, because they wouldn't be able to make things enjoyable or help during bad times.

#4 AtheistWorld, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one I came up about general and then trans.

There's always going to be haters - with each new thing that challenges society,
    don't take it personally - the haters are just trying to work out how much it
    affects theirs and others life - and once they realize nothing/very little, then
    they move on to the next challenge.

The thing I ask to people who are worried about trans people looking;

"Who would you rather have in the toilets? A trans person there to just do
    their bussiness, or a cis person staring at you doing yours?"

And the thing I'll say to people who are worried about NB people looking;

"Where else would you like NB people to go, the street?"

You can use these, would be interested to know their answer, the people
    tend to just shut up afterwards.

#5 Secrets5, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015