1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tourettesqueen, Dec 6, 2015.

1. tourettesqueen

As many of you know, it there is some sort of transgender rememberence or awarness thing going on. My schools GSA put up large transgender flag with the words "Transgender is beautiful...." in beautiful bubble letter cursive and pictures of trans celebs, like Jazz Jennings(that girl is gorgeous!).
    Unfourtunately my school is full of judgemental assholes and one of those asshole attempted to rip it down. Like seriously, that is the best form of protest against the LGBT community that you can offer, ripping down a sign that only took me a borrowed stapler and two minutes to fix? How weak and cruel is that? If they honestly think they can rain on our rainbow parade they better think again! We have be imprisoned, stoned, kicked out, bullied, beaten, killed, proscesuted, pretty much anything you can think of has been done to us at some point in history, somewhere in the world. If they think that a rude word or destruction of property or vandelism is going to stop us then think again. We are here, we are queer, and good luck changing that! They can hate, hate, hate but that ain't gonna make us straight? Am I right, folks!!

2. Hexagon

We stuck gender neutral signs on all the toilets for TDoR. I'm sorry you got shit from people, seems like you're responding well to it though.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think every school should have a ''Acceptance'' board where people write on things about accepting everyone [including already accepted stuff - as we wouldn't want to give the idea we should start hating on those].

I kind of get annoyed when our school only puts up posters about accepting gay people ... as if that's the only thing needing acceptance ... wondered if our school's had issues ... but we hadn't had an assembly on it.

Some people are people. Get over it.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Well said. It's sad people do things like that, like it's a control issue or something. They need to be in control and for whatever weird reason they're stuck thinking everyone has to what they think is ""normal"" - probably because they're insecure - and all they can do as a feeble, pathetic attempt of feeling in control is ripping down a poster that someone made. Just sad, sad for them really. And too bad they probably spend all their time criticizing other people and not accepting others because they're too weak to just accept it and move on.

5. YinYang

I agree, the opinions of a few narrow-minded people should not matter to the LGBT community as a whole. Sadly, those few people can become pretty violent. I'm glad you're not letting it get to you, though.

6. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man. I wish my school had some kind of support thing for LGBT+. Even something as simple as a sign would be cool. But nah. Thanks, Bible Belt.

Moving on from that, you are totally in the right there, tourettesqueen, and that was very well said. Slay.

7. Ryu

Ryu

Burn taylor swift! Burn taylor swift!

Oh, right. Vandalism's bad, mmkay.

8. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haters gonna hate, hate, hate,
    Potatoes gonna potate, tate, tate :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:
    Haha they cannot change us, and why should we let anyone change us!
    (&&&)