1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Believe in Aliens?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Plattyrex

I ask this question to a lot of people and I've come to realize that most people actually say yes. That's just crazy to me, why do so many people believe in aliens? I'll be the first to admit I could be missing something with my inability to acknowledge the existence of anything outside of boys, clothes, and whatever new thing I decide to like for the extensive period of one week, but this makes no sense to me. Why aliens? There's not this kind of approval rating for the existence of Bigfoot or ghosts or anything. Is there reasoning for it, or is it like those freaks who decided to believe dolphins are smarter than humans and have now gone on to mindlessly attack anyone who says otherwise? Aliens are scary, why do people want them to be real anyway?

2. Hexagon

Aliens probably exist on a distant planet. There are lots of planets, and it's more likely than not that life has started on other planets too. Why would this be the only one, after all? We're just not that special. But I don't believe aliens have come here. Space is pretty fucking big, and it takes a while to travel through it, and if what we've done here so far is anything to go by, aliens are probably more likely to destroy themselves instead of inventing the technology to get here.

As for wanting aliens to be real, wanting is a different thing to accepting the probability that something is true. But reasons might include thinking we aren't alone in the universe, it being really cool, wanting to know about alien cultures etc.

3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I do believe there is life on other planets, not intelligent life though. Like bacteria and stuff.

4. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #4 Drednaught, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  5. Plattyrex

Oh wow. That's a lot of stuff.

6. MrSkittles

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea. Although, it's probably much much different than how it is on Earth.

8. aboutface

"Do you think Aliens exist?" is a very different question than "Do you think Aliens routinely, or have ever, visited Earth?"

My answer to the first question is yes, probably. The universe is unimaginably big.

My answer to the second is probably not. Some method of faster than light travel would likely be necessary (and be practical), and there's no particular reason to believe such a thing exists. Even if it did, the aliens would have to have both noticed us from afar and cared about noticing us enough to make the trip, and I don't know that those things would be particularly likely either.

#8 aboutface, Dec 6, 2015
  9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't believe or disbelieve in aliens. But I do believe in the possibility. The universe is pretty big, and it wouldn't be surprising if there wasn't intelligent life elsewhere.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do believe in aliens. Hell, there are just so many galaxies and planets (or even dimensions), the idea of only planet Earth having intelligent life seems unlikely.

11. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Why do people believe in aliens? If you have any concept whatsoever of how big the universe is, how could you not believe in aliens?

Im not saying I believe in green men with giant black eyes who fly UFOs to come mess with farmers; but to not believe that in the uncountable numbers of galaxies out there, that there is not some other kind of life, and possibly even intelligent life is absurd.

We have only studied our own solar system, and really even that not too in depth. And some people think there is evidence that there was once life on mars. If there may have been life on a planet that close to us, and there are billions of stars in our galaxy, many of which have planets, and there are billions of galaxies and galaxy clusters just in the observable universe, so not even the whole universe, it would be ridiculous to think our little rock is the only place to develop some sort of life.

12. ducttapemiles

Well, it doesn't make sense that Earth's the only planet with life on it. Aliens probably exist, though perhaps not in the way we imagine them.

13. thepandaboss

[​IMG]

All that aside, maybe. Big universe. I'm sure there's got to be something out there, even if it's not intelligent life.

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, we have life on this planet, but I sometimes wonder how much of it is intelligent...

Old cartoon (IIRC Calvin and Hobbes) commented that the surest sign there is intelligent life elsewhere is that none of it has tried to contact us.

15. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe it's highly improbable that life is limited to Earth, though I doubt that life on other planets would have human characteristics as is often portrayed.

16. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I believe life didn't originate on this planet. Also i believe that all our mining technology, knowledge of the oil and gems underground, our ability to master flight and space travel, calebdar measurements etc all come from the so called alien technology.

I say this because every day people wake up eat fuck shit fight and sleep. When would any of these useless animals have had the thought process, ability, focus, and cohesion to achieve any of these things without some kind of outside help? Especially given the lie all this was developed by men in under 1,000 years. Especially given the quantity of wars and why they were had. Especially considering dogma being passed as religion. My ass. You have to be really gullible to believe that.

Watch the movie THEY LIVE i believe aliens could be amongst us.

17. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe in them with absolute certainty. I believe that they are visiting the Earth, and there are thousands or even millions of American citizens that have had extensive encounters with them. I believe that I have been abducted by aliens at least once or twice in my life, and I may have been abducted even more than that. I also have seen spaceships in the sky. I was not using drugs at the time and I have no history of psychosis. The first time I was abducted happened when I was a child, a six year old child. I took a walk that normally takes about an hour or less. On this day, I was gone for around seven hours. Under self hypnosis, I had a fragmented memory of being led into an alien craft. The second time I was abducted could have been a dream, but I doubt it. This time I was in my bedroom when seven humanoid figures entered my bedroom and injected my abdomen with a glowing green syringe that was very long. I could feel the needle pierce the skin, and I was left with a small mark that lasts to this day about two years later. There was also another time when I awoke in the middle of the night to a humanoid figure standing motionless at the foot of my bed. As for seeing spaceships in the sky, it's happened more than once. The first time I saw a UFO was when I was five years old. Dozens of white semicircles floated in the skies above my neighborhood. I also saw lights in the sky while I was in vacation to Sedona, Arizona which is a known hot spot for UFO activity. I also saw a strange craft with curved wings fly over my house, that appeared different than a traditional aircraft. It could have been a military aircraft, but I don't know. I grew up in an area that is known to have one of the highest rates of UFO activity in the world. The Hudson Valley of New York is known to be an extreme hot spot for alien abduction and UFO encounters, and I grew up there. I also feel a connection to the UFO/alien phenomena that I cannot understand. It's like I'm connected to them on a deep, unconscious level in some way. Believe it or not, there is even a slight possibility that I may have lineage to the King Akhanaten of ancient Egypt who is believed by many alien theorists to have alien ancestry. I related to a member of scottish royalty who was involved in the norse conquest of ancient Egypt and many of these members of scottish royalty married those who they met during the conquest. If that is the case, there is a significant possibility that I may have relation to this king. That could possibly be why I have been abducted and why I feel such a deep seated connection to them. I'd say there is probably a 20% chance or so that I indeed do have this lineage to the powerful grays. Some of my distant relatives on this side of the family back from the 1800s were practicing psychics. I have also had telepathic experiences myself a few times, so it is possible that the abilities that I have shown and these distant family members have shown are due to extraterrestrial genes.

The grays are immensely powerful multidimensional beings. They are not merely "aliens". They are entities that have the power to cross between dimensions at will, using only their minds. The entities are unimaginably powerful, and they can do truly incredible things. However, I believe the reason why they look like us is that they are actually us from the future. They are the end point of human evolution where man becomes "God". I believe that we are essentially evolving into these entities as we speak. They visit us to visit the past of human evolution and touch what is occurring in various times and dimensions. The grays do not travel in space. Instead, the grays are higher versions of ourselves and they can travel through all planes, including the dimensions that exist within the limits of our consciousness. Therefore, it is would even be possible for UFOs and aliens to be more readily visible to certain people. This may lead to why some sightings are able to be dismissed as "hallucinations". They are literally limitless in the places they are capable of traveling to. It is probably even possible for them to be in multiple dimensions at the same time, meaning that there could easily be a genuinely infinite number of these super-human humans. I firmly believe that they are indeed human, just an ultra ultra advanced version of us. In fact, people tend to see the grays while under the influence of the superconsciousness state produced by DMT. This indicates that the human psyche is intricately entwined with this endpoint of the evolution of the human genome, collective spirituality, and collective consciousness.

Okay, so you probably think I'm just another lunatic ranting about the aliens coming to Earth. I'm very aware that many people will probably think I'm off my rocker. That's what I would have thought too if it were not for the experiences that I have had. I don't really tell people about it, because I know it sounds "crazy" to those who are unaware of this truth. However, I believe that they will be proven wrong one day because the aliens are likely soon to make themselves known to us as part of a grand cosmic shift in the universe. If you are interested in learning any more, I highly encourage you. Just google "the alien agenda", "the grays", "alien abduction", or any other keyword on the subject. Even though I know how it sounds I am a perfectly logical and sane person. Given that, I'll say to be leery of some information you read on the subject. There is misinformation being spread about a race called the reptilians. These entities do not exist and are merely delusions. The grays on the other hand are real, and I have been in contact with them on at least two occasions. I'll tell you, aliens are the kind of thing that it's either in you or it isn't. There are some people who just naturally feel an intense reaction and powerful emotion that can't even be described with regard to it. Seeing images of them literally gives me chills. However, some people just don't have the alien connection in them. I'm one of the ones that has this connection in a very strong way.

Also, it is important to remember not to fear them. They are powerful beings, and they have never harmed a human being. Do not fear the aliens, they are not out to hurt you even if they subject you to horrific experiments while on board the craft. The experiments may be horrible, but you will survive intact. Sometimes, if you get abducted you may gain psychic abilities. This hasn't really happened to me although I naturally have definitely had psychic experiences. However, you could get lucky. It is important to not fear them, because the fear of them can drive you mad. However, control your mind well and do not even succumb to the terror of them. The grays are never anything to fear, under any circumstances so overcome your fears. When you overcome fear, it is possible to gain a great deal from these entities. So, if you happen to encounter one of them, just remain calm and know that you will be okay...... perhaps you may be changed as a human in a better way. You may even gain psychic abilities. Keep calm, and do not fear the aliens.

BTW, I am only talking about this on here as it is anonymous. The few people I have told all this to usually thought I was nuts, so I have learned to keep quiet about it. At times, I have nearly worshipped these entities due to the powerful spiritual connection I feel to them. People have been seeing them and experiencing them for the whole sweep of human history. I am one of many who feels this deep seated connection, and there have been millions who have lived before me. I'm not crazy, but people think I am when I talk about this. I encourage you to keep an open mind though.

#17 Contact1111, Dec 6, 2015
  18. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. But not aliens like most people imagine, like those crazy green ET things, but something much less anticlimactic, like alien bacteria or something like that. The universe is so huge after all, it seems impossible that we could be alone.

19. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A fellow believer, this is wonderful to see. We need more people to join the ranks of the believers. You are absolutely right, aliens are real without a shadow of a doubt. The government is the only reason why many do not believe. The world's governments are seeking to suppress this incredible truth.

20. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well dear, clarify your question, please. What kind of aliens are we talking about? Do you mean those people who do all the shit-work in this country for criminal wages? Are you asking if I believe visitors from another world have infiltrated our neighbors and political system? Or do you just mean "do you believe in life in other parts of the galaxy...or in other galaxies?" Or something else?

I mean yeah...I eat strawberries from California. You bet your ass I believe in aliens.

On the other hand, the only evidence I've seen that an off-world species has infiltrated our government is the obesity rate in this country, coupled with school lunch programs...clearly *somebody* has an interest in fattening us up.

And on yet another hand, the basic ingredients of life are so simple...life is actually fairly inevitable. I would be *stunned* if it didn't exist in *many* places in any given galaxy. I would *not* be stunned if we found it on another planet or moon in this solar system. Even microbes would be "aliens", right? But given the age of the universe, compared with the age of this solar system, it seems reasonable to hypothesize that there would be life at or beyond (possibly well beyond) our current level of sophistication and intelligence in plenty of places as well. So yeah, I believe there is intelligent life in the galaxy, apart from that found on Earth. In that they are not from Earth, they are aliens. Or are they only *really* aliens if they come here from another galaxy? Again, define your question!