1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share Your Favourite Recipes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone loves food, and everyone loves someone who can make amazing food.

So let's take this time to share with one another some great recipes. It can be any food or even drink.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PUMPKIN! Pumpkin anything!
    Our choice recipe for today is pumpkin spice hot chocolate.

Ingredients:
    -1 cup milk
    -chocolate, dark, milk, whatever kind you like. The amount depends on how chocolatey you like it, but I find usually a full Hershey bar does it
    -sugar
    -vanilla (optional)
    -pumpkin spice
    -whipped cream (optional)

1. Heat milk over a low temperature on stove
    2. Melt in chocolate, finely chopped. Be sure to stir often so as not to burn milk or chocolate
    3. Add in sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and other flavors to taste
    4. When all ingredients are mixed together, heat until warm (don't let it boil) and enjoy!

Did I go overboard? Probably. But I love pumpkin spice.

3. BaldOldGoat

Mango Curry

Disclaimer: I make this pretty much automatically, without measuring, as it's been my staple for years, so apologies if the recipe isn't exactly straightforward.

Brown 1.5 lbs. (3/4 kilo or so) of skinless chicken thighs (not breasts), and set aside.

In a large coverable pot, heat oil and quickly stir in curry powder as strong as you like it (I usually use a heaping tablespoon or so), a stick of cinnamon, chopped ginger, crushed garlic, a bay leaf or two, and optional hot pepper (cayenne). Be sure to keep some of the liquid from the chick peas nearby in case the spices start to get sticky and show signs of clumping (or burning). Just a couple of minutes on that to form a sort of "curry base" and no more.

Then add the mango juice, chick peas and chicken - stir to mix thoroughly, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes covered (a little longer wouldn't hurt).

I have it with steamed vegetables (usually green beans) and cous cous, though rice would work, too.

Ingredients list

I use canola (rapeseed) oil, perhaps 1/4 cup or slightly more. I do this part by eye/memory, but that should work.

Ginger and garlic quantities depend on your (or your guests') preference. I've been known to use a whole head of crushed garlic, along with a piece of chopped ginger the size of my thumb, or slightly larger.

Two cans of chick peas with chicken, or three for a vegetarian meal.

Mango juice must be actual juice, not the soda-pop-like beverage sold in cans (tins)! I buy it in a liter (quart) bottle, using half right away and freezing the rest for next time. Mangoes seem difficult to juice at home, but if you're okay with that, be my guest!

#3 BaldOldGoat, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. AlamoCity

Coke-Bourbon-Brown-Sugar Ham.

Get some Coke, some bourbon, and some brown sugar; mix it all and and play with the ratio till you get a slightly viscous solution. Score the ham and cover the ham in the solution and bake for the directed amount of time. Baste every so often. You can add some spices to the glaze (nutmeg and cloves are nice). If you want a heart attack, reserve the juices for a dipping sauce.