1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick of this routine.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Dec 8, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Wake up, get ready, go to school, stare out of the window, have smalltalk with my friends, get home, watch youtube, go to bed.

That is all my life is right now. And I hate it. I dont't hate the specific acts of my life, but I hate that they are the same routine every day, every week, every month.

Just a little bit of rebellion against that routine is what I need in life. Skip a lesson or two, go to a concert, buy a new shirt.
    I just hate being caught in the same cycle. I need change.
    But as easy it seems to escape, the harder it is. Just the fact that I watch youtube every day, it would be so easy to stop.
    But then, what do I do if I dont watch youtube? I, I dont know what to do else. All my friends come from a different city, I cant just go somewhere with them. I cant just sit and stare out of the window. I need to do something.
    But what?

Anyone else caught in that daily routine?

2. IrishJ

How about going for a walk, joining a club, getting a part-time job after school, volunteering? Just a few ideas - J

3. wolf of fire

Start reading a serial, find some friends closer to home, get a job, a new hobby.

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Make it a point to learn something new every day. I spent a little bit of time every day learning a new language so my knowledge builds overtime. So long as you're building up to something, you won't feel like you're doing the same thing over and over :grin:

5. Cedar

What are your interests? Have you considered volunteering?

6. foxer

I used to have the same problem. But then I started doing all kinds of stuff. Doing small projects. Just going out and now I'm in the point where I have soooo many things and so little time :grin:

I'd strongly recommend starting a new hobby. You like drawing/arts, do something out of your comfort zone. How about music? Basic used guitars come quite cheap. Photography? You could do some kind of project, take some of point of view and then take photos accordingly, surfaces, colours, spaces, plants, etc.
    Volunteering can also be good a good idea ànd you'll propably meet some new people.

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You can start by taking a different bus and built it from there.
    Another idea is to go to a museum, or a coffee shop you've never been before.

... Or try to see everybody you come across naked in your imagination, you can try that as well...

8. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been in the same place, luckily I'm not there now. I wish I could give you some advice on how to get out of that, but I honestly don't know how I did it