1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you prefer your partner to be the same ethnicity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 8, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

I find this is an interesting question because I saw it on a dating site before. Personally, I hate to say it, but I find myself attracted to men of the same ethnicity (Caucasian). I have found many people of different ethnicities who are good looking, but I seem to only fall for white males.
    I don't think I would prefer my partner to be white, but that is who I find myself attracted to most often. How about you? Do you seem to be attracted to people of the same ethnicity? Would you prefer your partner to be the same ethnicity?

2. BaldOldGoat

I am a WASP. My previous partner was from India.

3. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I won't give my true opinions on this as I will be branded as a Hitlerite no doubt.

However, I will say this. From talking to people online and in real life. Whites are the preferred ethnicity amongst all races, especially orientals.

I am mixed race myself. Half Japanese, Half Caucasian.

Do I prefer whites? Not particularly. Do I prefer orientals? Not particularly.

But I will say that the best looking white guys are far better looking than the best looking guys of other races. If you get what I mean.

There is a reason why top male models are always white and why a majority of male models are white.

EDIT: Look at the handsome men thread on here. I would say from a quick glance that 95% of the pics are white guys.

#3 hapa, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm Caucasion but I find Asians very attractive for some reason.

5. Plattyrex

I'm white and find certain people in every ethnicity attractive. I kinda find white and Asian guys most attractive, but there's not a specific ethnicity that I find unattractive.

6. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ethnicity isn't something you can tell just by looking at someone, ethnicity is culture, or at least as defined by sociologists. Race, is the physical aspects, and I tend to find people with light-brown skin attractive. But race is not a factor that limits who I date. I look at my requirements and then I look at their personality and how it suits our relationship.

7. AlamoCity

Not really.

I will say I have a strong preference for someone who was reared in a "western" environment. Also, I have a preference for someone who is either a moderate Christian or agnostic/atheist. These qualities can eliminate many people from other continents, but is not aimed at race, but culture.

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care, as long as we are compatible on other levels. When you're old and wrinkly, what's gonna matter? Your race or your personality?

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't care about that, and I don't have any preference. To me there is hot people everywhere at earth.

#9 Michael, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  10. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

It doesnt matter to me, I find men of all races attractive.

I mean, as long as puberty does it right. Just look:

This is Cookie while he was on Ned's Declassified:
    [​IMG]

This is Cookie today:

[​IMG]

My god...

11. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do generally seem to find more Caucasian or Southeast Asian people attractive, rather than my own race or other races, but honestly i don't care what the race of a partner is

12. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I honestly wouldn't prefer someone within my own ethnicity (Filipino). It's just too much of the same thing. I would love to be with someone who is different from me so I can learn about them. I mean, there should be commonalities, of course, like hobbies and interests, but a different ethnicity would be nice.

What races do I find attractive? I am honestly open to any, but I feel like I lean toward Caucasians, and I'm not sure why. I'm not strict on dating white guys only, but "white beauty" is something that I grew up with. Even within my ethnicity, those that are considered handsome and/or beautiful are the ones that have a paler skin complexion.

I kind of feel... upset about this, more than I thought I would be. Damn society and its beauty standards.

#12 Steve FS, Dec 8, 2015
  13. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is a strange sub culture amongst East Asians and South East Asians of almost worshipping white people.

14. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There definitely is. I wonder why?

I know in Asia, they have a ton of skin-lightening products, like Papaya soap and other Papaya products. The obsession with it is almost sickening. I used to be quite dark, and my mom would always tell me to stay out of the sun or else I would turn dark. She's quite the pale person.

And it sucks because skin color is not something you can easily control.

15. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I seem to be the most attracted to Caucasians and South-East Asians.
    I'm not sure why, they just have features I tend to like. Especially the South-east-asians.

16. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

That slightly creeps me out.

17. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From what I have seen when I visited my dad who works in China, it's more to do with status and sex. It's not politically correct to say, but many Chinese women (I can't talk about other nationalities) use white guys as a status symbol, like having a nice car. It's a look at me I can get a white guy kind of thing. Also, many Chinese women find Chinese men poor sexually. Many Chinese women just like bigger, more masculine men. I.e white guys.

Could be the same in other East Asian countries too.

As I said, it's not politically correct but there we go....

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

Creeps me out too. I am the product of a white worshipping asian woman and a white guy.

#17 hapa, Dec 8, 2015
  18. KingdomKeyDK

I got to say... I definitely don't pick and choose, and I tell myself I don't have a preference, but as a mixed Hispanic/Caucasian, I'm really not that into white guys. To be really honest with you, a lot of times, I really hate white people sometimes... (that was probably slightly offensive but a tbh nonetheless) Based on my history of crushes, though, and based off of my current, relationship, I have to say that most of the time, I REALLY like tall, bulky black guys.

Like a lot.

And it's not like I only like that specific type. I mean I'm with a black guy now, but he's really more twinkish than anything. To me, it all depends on their personality rather than looks, although looks are somewhat a component. But if it was to come down between a really hot guy who's a jerk and a slightly-less-than-attractive guy who gives me the world, I would always go with the latter.. But that's me

19. Hexagon

No, I have no racial preference. And while I don't think having one is exactly racist, it's a symptom of it. It isn't biological, it's learnt from society's prejudice.

20. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think it has anything to do with prejudice.
    Take Indians and (most) Africans, for an example.
    I don't find them attractive, but I have nothing against them at all either. They just don't have the features I prefer.
    And I don't think my preferences has anything to do with what I've been taught either, just like you can't (effectively) teach someone to be gay or straight, I don't think you can condition someone into being sexually attracted by certain looks.