1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl vs Boy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Dec 8, 2015.

1. GayPugs

This isn't your typical Girl vs Boy that's why it's not in the game section. You see, I've always thought the LGBT population was dominated by women but I come on here and there are tons of men so I just want to know what everyone else thinks. I would post a poll but I dunno how to do that.

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A poll is somewhat pointless, I think. It would only tell you the percentages of those who are active on this site who actually feel like responding...

And last week, a woman who is LGBT said she thought the percentages of gay men were much higher than gay women. Although who knows what the exact percentages really are?

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *searches for gender for a second* ...Whoops. Guess my inventory was too full to hold a gender?

Aside from that joke, I...really don't know whether males or females are more prominent in the LGBT community. Kinda hard to say, don't have sufficient data.

4. thepandaboss

I think it depends. I've noticed anecdotally that it's easier to find women who are involved in the LGBT community. Every time I've gone out to groups, clubs, etc, the majority of regular members are women. The same goes for the trans community. Trans women tend to be more active in the community and you'll also see more media representation of trans women too versus trans men. Again, this is just based on my personal experience. I suppose it varies based on where you go.

5. YinYang

I don't know... Men in the LGBT+ community seem to get much more media coverage than women, unless you're talking about trans individuals. There seem to be more trans women in media than trans men. And don't even get me started on us non-binaries here.

But in the actual LGBT+ community? I don't know. It's hard to tell since I don't really know too many LGBT+ people outside of EC. Hmm...

6. Plattyrex

I don't know, I know a couple of other people who I know are gay, and they're both guys. That being said I can never tell when a woman is lesbian so I really wouldn't know. I don't think I know any people in any other LGBT category, but I'm not certain.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    In my (though limited) experience, it's mostly guys who are the more prominent.

8. Nikky DoUrden

Its funny u say that because i thought the LGBT population was dominated by MEN, i even had the notion that every second guy i see is gay :grin:

9. Hexagon

Yeah, nope, not getting anything. No gender here.