1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you in a creative job? Do you get frustrated?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FalconBlueSky00, Dec 8, 2015.

1. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lady comes in says she wants a very colorful banner that is "name" candy shop. It's for a temp Christmas booth, and wants to attract kids. So I do the shops name covered in little birds and snowflakes then put a rainbow gradient over the whole thing. Very bright pure colors of the rainbow.

She comes inlooks at it and says, "I thought there would be bright colors.":bang:

2. thepandaboss

Yup. I'm a content writer. For the most part, it's not a bad gig and most of my clients are appreciative folks. But I've had a few bad apples. Like one of my first potential clients wanted me to ghost write a diet book. And she was only willing to pay me $50 for a 300 page e-book. :dry:

Checked out the Clients from Hell blog? It's good stuff. Clients From Hell

3. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh that's awesome! Thanks.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god...

I'm gonna bottle it for now because I'm in a very good mood, but I could write a book with frustrations like the one you mentioned.

[​IMG]

Pro-tip: In my experience, when people harp on the whole BRIGHT COLORS thing, what they usually mean is neon. So, blindingly bright colors. Eyesore-level.

#4 RawringSnake, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  5. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I swear. I used to intern at my mom's event organizing business. She had clients who were really great and patient but also those who were really stingy and whiny. One client in particular got so cheesed off that we used the wrong colors and that they were dull for the balloons (the 100 we had put up just an hour before the event). They were a last minute request so we obliged. But apparently Pearl White, Brick Red, Sky Blue, Sunshine Yellow and Mint Green were dull. :eek: maybe she needs to take those rose sunglasses off for a minute and look around. Those colors together don't go well. But she wanted them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Plenty of crazies, sure we've all had to deal with those.

I remember only one well, she kept requesting more be added to the finished product every time I "finished" it, but didn't want to spend any extra. I sort of just went along with it because I'm a pushover. :lol:

7. RainDreamer

If you ever work in advertising agencies... my friend put it this way: an agency is an idea factory...and slaughter house. you never see so many ideas get shot down in a single meeting like in an advertising agency.

8. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes when there's no option I tell myself that the objective is to give the client what they asked for, not something that would accomplish their objective (sell something, impress their clients, make event attendees happy, whatever). Even though what they're requesting is going against their objectives.

Yup, feels a little like selling your soul to the devil in the exchange for temporary sanity.
    BTW the only thing worse than a client from hell is a committee of clients from hell.

Merry Festivus !

9. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wasn't a job, but I took up mod development as a hobby a few years ago. The team leader just said "here's the list of things to do", and let us off without any real guidelines, beside a sentence in the private forum.

And I'm not a very creative person. Unless someone tagged along with me and worked together, I could barely get anything done without wasting several hours afterwards "fixing errors".

10. RainDreamer

Well, that is ethically questionable. But hey, if the client really want it...

11. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Working security brings in some fun customers.

I once had a drunk guy who was asleep in the bushes. After waking him and asking if he needed a ride (What? No, I'll just walk, I live right over there) he started to walk around campus. And when I say around, I mean AROUND. The complete exterior, but not leaving.

Eventually he found his way back on campus (Around this time I noticed the flattened 24 pk PBR boxes strapped to his bike) and started going straight down the middle. After a moment, he tries to GET ON the bike. Now, this guy is so drunk he literally cannot walk a straight line.

He struggles for a moment, then manages to get his legs to work and is on the bike. He rides five feet, and falls onto the grassy part of the curb. About then I decided to call the cops.

Now, there had been some construction going on on campus (redoing the sidewalk) And so there was some caution tape hung up. I watched him, with the police on the line, for five minutes as he struggled to lift up the single, limp, low hanging piece of caution tape and go under it.

Eventually he got picked up by police just across the street. But still. I spent almost an hour following this guy around, wishing he would just cross the street.

12. animatedPi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's more colorful than rainbows?!
    Damn, I would be pissed.:bang: