1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You look Disgusting.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [YOUTUBE]WWTRwj9t-vU[/YOUTUBE]

This is such a heartbreaking video, and the comments on the video were posted by real people. This is why you need to focus on what makes you happy, because you can't satisfy everyone. Screw all the haters and be you. (*hug*)

#1 Steve FS, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Thanks for posting that Steve. Do you know how much girls and women are judged
    for their looks and only for their looks? judged for the size of their breasts? the length
    of their hair? their make-up? their clothes?

I am so thankful I grew up at a time and with boys who judged girls more by our smile, our personality, our character, our intelligence, our creativity, our athleticism. Not that they didn't notice when we reached puberty, but they didn't let on they noticed. They were gentlemen. It's only when we got dressed up for a special event that they seemed to notice our appearance, and would say rather awkwardly, You look real pretty.

I love the guys I grew up with. Class acts all the way. At reunions they still treat us gals with the utmost respect.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is really a sad thing. My best friend has acne that is probably as severe as the woman in the video, and she has major insecurities about it. I can tell she's been struggling and she gets depressed, and I always tell her she's beautiful, because it's true. I'm not sure if me being gay invalidates my "guy opinion" (I've been told that before, haha), but acne is probably the last thing on my list when it comes to what I think about a person.

To me, the acne kind of blurs out, and I focus on facial structure, your eyes, your nose, your mouth, etc, who you are behind everything. Not because I feel like I have to to be nice, but because it's seriously such a minor thing.

I wish there was an invention that allowed us to perceive how other people perceive us, then maybe we wouldn't have so much insecurities.

4. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Men are judged just as much nowadays. And it isn't just men who are doing the judging.

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

I haven't got the time to watch all the vid, but if it is just a vid of her getting negative comments when posting her face on social media then it's a pointless vid. If you expose yourself to the world, then of course you're going to get negative comments. If I posted my face I would get 10x worse.

5. Nikky DoUrden

I know not to listen to trolls that saying those kind of stuff, it only reflects on themselves and their own insecurities, that been said, the video made me more confident about my look because i know im not good lookin' in OTHER ppl perspective but .. who gives a damn ? will only help me find a guy that loves me for who i am, as Open Arms said, which is the kind of guy I want to spend the time with, not a kind of guy that wont look at me unless i put makeup. (which i never do)

#5 Nikky DoUrden, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. lovetoomuch

This was an interesting video, thank you very much for sharing. I actually was talking to a girl yesterday and instead of looking me in the eyes, she was looking at something but I could not tell what it was.
    I didn't know if I had something in my hair or something was behind me. Then, after finishing talking to her and walking away, I realized she was staring at the side of my face, which is covered with acne.

It sucks and I agree girls are not the only ones judged nowadays. I was looking around my class today and noticed so many people with clear, nice skin. It is not a great feeling being surrounded by people who probably put in less work in the morning and they still get to have their face clear. Sometimes I wonder if my acne will ever clear up.

7. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have seen the video couple of months ago. It's really sad how stupid and judgemental some people can be...

Thanks for sharing it here Steve FS!

8. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Yes, men are also judged by appearance nowadays. I agree. But women are much more looked upon as sex objects, in the straight world anyhow. Men pick women on the basis of eye candy first, everything else second unless they are very mature men.

Why do you think 90% of the anorexics in the world starving themselves to death are girls?

9. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

For the same reason that 90% + of steroid users are men.

10. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For most of my life, I have chosen not to wear makeup and there is definitely a lot of judgement that comes with it.

I'm fortunate to have "good skin," so I never had to deal with the acne issue, but I've definitely had to deal with people judging me for not being feminine enough, not caring enough about my personal appearance, or even suggesting that it was "unprofessional" not to wear makeup to work.

Funny thing is, when they forced us to dress up for our public speaking class in high school, my mom insisted on putting some makeup on me and then there were people who made fun of me for wearing makeup too. It's like you can't win for losing, so you might as well do what makes you happy.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, that's not surprising. Men are visually driven, in comparison to women. Women are often less interested in how a man looks and more interested in his bank account balance - which is why you get very attractive women in their 20s and 30s shacking up with ugly men in their 60s and 70s. A generalisation, but you rarely see men dating women less attractive than them for the purpose of financial security. It's just not as important. You also get a lot of women complaining that there aren't enough college-educated guys, because heaven forbid you date someone without a degree.

It's not a straight thing either - gay guys are notoriously shallow. For me, looks count first. If there's no physical attraction, everything else is unimportant - and if I find a guy interesting but not attractive, they'd make good friends but not romantic/sexual partners. That might be hard for a woman to understand, but that's the way it is.

#11 imnotreallysure, Dec 10, 2015
  12. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is disgusting, but way too common in this society. I don't understand what's so wrong with people that they feel entitled to judge and insult another human being. That's just disturbing and revolting beyond words.

And that's exactly what is not okay. Just because not everyone will like you or find you attractive doesn't mean they have the right to be an asshole about it.

13. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Welcome to reality, there are arseholes out there.

14. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Good points Hapa and the lad from Leeds.

Well, guys don't need to have too many muscles for a woman's sake. Most women are turned off by very muscular guys to tell you the truth.

I agree many women look at a man's bank account. They want a man who has a good job and can offer them security.

A guy friend reminded me how our complaints are often gender-based. I came to meet him for lunch one day, totally ticked off at a man in the do-it-yourself car wash who came to direct me how to wash my car. What the heck! I've been washing my own darn car for almost 40 years already, you idiot. I can do a very good and thorough job in 6 minutes flat, 12 if I'm doing the interior.

Well, my friend said, I guess you feel like I felt when I took my kids to the park and the women there thought I was a pedophile.

Thank you fellas for pointing out the other side :wink:

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed - and those assholes need to be named and shamed wherever possible to discourage other people from being assholes. Nothing in the world was ever achieved by sitting around and saying 'Well, assholes will always exist so we might as well accept it'. How far would the LGBT movement have come if that type of mindset was prevalent?

The type of shitty behaviour in the OP's video will always exist, just like homophobia will always exist, and racism, and sexism.. but that doesn't mean we can't do everything to prevent it anyway.

#15 imnotreallysure, Dec 10, 2015
  16. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never said that people should sit back and accept it.
    Just don't be surprised it happens. And don't get so upset when it happens.

17. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That isn't your call I'm afraid.

18. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This video made me cry. Those comments are abhorrent, and filthy, and are spouted from mouths of people who have heard very few kind things.

So don't lower yourselves to their level. Don't hate them. They are humans. All humans are imperfect, fallible. They are a product of the society that raised them.

This is an extremely powerful video, that demonstrates exactly the kind of words women globally face every day from people who cannot respect a person. Above all, these people, the ones who need to belittle others, the ones who have to put someone down to feel better about themselves, they are the ones who deserve the most pity. What kind of life can they have, where they feel the need to bring others down? So don't hate them. They don't deserve that. No one does. Pity them. And take action, if you ever hear or see someone saying these things, stop them. Have them think about their words.

I love this video, Steve. Thank you for sharing it.

19. hapa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If someone gets so upset by that, then they will never make it through life.

20. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could probably post a picture of anyone face and find those comments in a 100,000 comments. Tbh the internet is cruel. We all know this. If you ask the internet for it's opinion, that opinion will likely be a recommendation for suicide. It's just fat guys in their parent basement. It's really of little concern.