1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Uni =(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not happppppy. I have to vent. ^_^

Yesterday I received a letter telling me that the course I had an offer for at my local university (which also happened to be my favorite) has been discontinued. To add insult to injury I have one week to inform them of whether I want to do History or Sociology (it was originally combined) otherwise I lose my offer. :dry:

How the hell they expect me to decide in 1 week is beyond me considering it took me months to decide on the course I got an offer for. I am sooooo annoyed at them. :***:

*end rant*

2. EM68

I'm sorry to hear that Martin. That is not right to only give you a week.

3. pianomike

wow that stinks, I wish I could put some of the teachers and board members of some of these Universities in a situation where they would learn that decisions like that are not made in a week

4. riddlerno1

That really isnt fair as this is not like deciding what to have for dinner, this is a life long decision! Could you ask them for more time as they are really being quite unfair to expect a decision in a week?

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Cool Beans

That's ridiculous! A week to decide something that will affect the rest of your life... I'm sorry.

7. mrzach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    heya, dont worry about - this is the worst thing you can do. i know it sucks, but ive found the best things happen if we just leave things be, if we try to interfere and get worked up about stuff, its not good. excuse my poor advice! i hope everything works out alright for you :slight_smile:

8. Markio

Ugh. Some colleges are just plain inconsiderate. My brother was accepted at a university, arranged for having an apartment in the area, my dad bought a corresponding bumper sticker, and then on very short notice, they revoke his admission! He did get a D in a class, but it was unrelated to his major anyway! It's true, no one should get Ds, but the college could have at least been more efficient about it and let us know earlier...

I feel you, Martin.

9. starfish

I assume what you call a course is what we would call a major or degree plan.

It does suck they discontinued the one you want and only give you a week to choose. Of course I would not worry too much. I changed my major 3 times in college. Management Information Systems -> Computer Science -> Electrical Engineering -> Software Engineering. I almost changed it a fourth time to Industrial Engineering, but I was too far along and would lose too many credits.

10. Jeimuzu

That stinks. I'm pissed with my university too, just discovered that a guy who has just started my course - I'm a final year - has an incredibly useful and practical set of modules, loads of fun choices that I never got but really wanted and all that... whereas I had to do pointless theoretical research rubbish. It's ridiculous. I'm tempted to demand a refund because I've come to realise that my degree is pretty much useless, my second year taught me nothing I needed to know.

But I just met a really nice funny bloke so I'm happy now =D

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That is the pits, Martin. I'm really sorry. (*hug*) What mean university is it?

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tis my local uni, Liverpool John Moores.

They also want a non-existant UCAS application number. All that I can find is the personal ID, which does not fit onto the form. :bang:

13. Kimi

Close your eyes, ask your someone to shuffle the paper(two piece of papers one written History, Sociology on the other) and pick one and open your eye!
    :rolleyes:

And yes Uni is stupid.