1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you try online dating without being out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 11, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

Kind of stuck in a situation. I am not coming out until this summer because I know that is the best and most appropriate time to do so (for many reasons that I will not go into).

However, I really want to start getting out there and try dating because I've never been in a relationship and it's what I'm craving. I cannot decide whether to post a picture on a dating site or to wait until I come out? I know I should probably wait to be safe, but 6 months seems a long time away.

My fear of putting up a picture online is someone I know finding my profile and outing me before I get the chance to tell my family and friends. What do you think? Thanks for any help!

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have done this many times and I've never been caught. My most successful relationships started online. I'd say give it a try!

3. lovetoomuch

Thanks for the reply! It really scares me knowing my picture would be online with my sexual orientation, but I want to start getting out there in the dating world. I think / hope it is worth it.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She is right. I'm hardly out and I have dated two guys using a dating site, I am still currently seeing someone. There isn't much reason for straight people to look on those sites so the chances of being caught are pretty low.

Just be careful about which site you are using and don't meet anyone in person unless you are sure about them

5. guitar

I had a profile and went on several dates before I started coming out. To the best of my knowledge I wasn't discovered.