1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome Shoes and and clothes.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JG1387, Dec 11, 2015.

1. JG1387

Is it just me, or do women get the most incredible shoes and clothes while us men get boring stuff? I mean come on man, I wanna wear heels too.

2. Riz

Riz

So wear heels and amazing "women's" fashion :grin:

3. JG1387

That's easier said than done. My parents are cool with me being gay, but have already said they draw the line at wearing "women's" clothes. at least as long as i live with them. once I move out though............. hehe.

4. Riz

Riz

If they won't be physcially or emotinally abusive because of it.. I would say life is too short to care what others think including your parents. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
    Fashions shouldn't be limited to specific people or gender!

5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think so - but they definitely have more options. In formal settings, or workplace settings, they can get away with a larger variety of clothing compared to men - this is really useful when it's hot because men are made to wear long-sleeve shirts and trousers while women can wear skirts and blouses.

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That doesn't make sense. Young boys wearing high heels is a hallmark of homosexuality. For them to erase it is silly, and it doesn't sound like they're entirely ok with you being gay. They want you to be a gay guy who acts straight.

8. AlamoCity

As stated in the article, many guys today still wear "heels" : they're called cowboy boots :lol:. Interestingly, on guys the evoke a more "masculine" vibe.

I'm always fascinated by how much we humans value social cues and the evolution of what is acceptable for either gender and how much some all of us, to an extent, care what we wear. Even the "punk" person who claims they don't care or give a shit may invariably go out of their way to see "anti-establishment" clothing.

I was actually thinking about this because of the thread on sexuality and how many of us exhibited signs of our sexuality/gender identity. What surprised me was that for transguys (maybe transwomen, too, but I only saw transguys mention this) one of the signs "they knew" was that from a very early age they wanted to dress in a manner which boys are typically dressed; they didn't like dresses or that sort of stuff. I wonder how transguys and gals would react if society didn't have gendered clothing. Would it take longer to "know" one was transgender without this social cue?

Back on topic, I do believe women have more options when it comes to dressing up, but I like it that men's clothing can be more timeless. Buy a few high quality pieces and you can probably get away with wearing them longer than most disposable things women buy at those "fast fashion" stores.

9. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I reckon it's in the eye of the beholder. I tend to prefer men's clothing, because I find a lot of clothing designed for women to be uncomfortable, made of material I don't like the look and feel of, over-priced and not durable.

I'd probably dis-invent heels if I could because women are often looked down upon for not wearing them in "professional" environments and I find them to be impractical at best and downright uncomfortable and hazardous to your health at worst.

The grass is always greener I guess.

10. Jase26

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    More than happy with men's clothing for the most part although women's underwear is definitely sexier. Looks like it would feel good too!

11. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear gender neutral clothes XD. I really love women's cardigans though

12. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think we have a wider variety of types of things. Like, when a guy will wear a shirt to work, a woman could wear a shirt, blouse, sleevless blouse, smart dress etc.

However, I find menswear to be of much better quality for much less expense, much more practical in every way especially in the way that men's pockets are actually usable, have better graphic designs, and are better for more tasteful patterns and darker colour pallettes.

And even though we have all those options... I rarely see the point in them. A good shirt in a great colour or pattern is waaaay better than a floaty blouse that's half see-through and doesn't even feel like you're wearing anything, rides up your back if you bend down and rips if it touches anything. Women's clothing is usually creative aesthetics over actual design and ergonomics.

There are times wearing nice looking womens clothing where you feel like a living canvas for a peice of fragile art. Don't take art out of the art gallery. Wearing menswear I feel like I can do anything.

13. MayaBee

I agree that women have a wider variety of clothes, but I gotta say, if you want something different than the average, it gets hard to find something. For example, I really crave Band shirts (FFDP, Disturbed, Slipknot, Papa Roach etc.), and I know that the metal scene hasnt got as many females as males, but come on! 42 sites of men merch and 10 of women merch? You gotta be kidding me. Especially because 8 of that 10 pages are shirts with pink on them. I dont like pink. I am sorry, but this really bothers me. I dont always wear women shirts, but the ones I wear should not have pink on them. Not every females likes that.