1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Famous cis...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

It's quite easy to find famous trans men and women on the internet in LGBT+ blogs, but since it's so ''normal'' [politely, what is?] I can't find anything for cis men and women. So, I'm making my booklet, so does anyone know any cis men and women?

Thank-you.

Side track, choose to read it or not: One thing that's annoying me now, is the internet is telling me I should stop reading books by white, straight, cis men ... goodness, what's the world become? I know their books are most often read, but seriously, I should get to choose the books I like based on content, not the author who wrote them - majority or minority. I guess it's good for the English exam board though, as they get to keep their 'precious' Shakespeare [whose most likely bisexual, but regardless of sexuality or anything else, I find his plays boring, his sonnets are good though.]

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most celebrities are cis...so all or any of them.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I shouldn't assume though. Some celebrities I like and want to add are old ... and might have to repress things due to stigma. Heard nothing on celebrity news ... but try and stay away from them.

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit confused. Are you saying it's hard to find things by cis people online? And outside of very liberal/queer circles, I wouldn't say trans people are considered "normal" to any extent. Could you please elaborate?

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experinace, outside of the LGBT 'community', most people don't know what the term 'cis' means, and even if they do, it's not something that's very widely used.

Myself, I don't feel a need to use the term, and I think there's probably a fair number of people who do likewise.