1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forcing Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jersey4Life, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was just listening to a conversation that a few of my new neighbors were having at our community clubhouse, and one of them brought something up that made me really angry. One of them said, "I'm sick of every time I turn on the t.v. I have to see a gay couple kissing, or gays marching for marriage, or gays this, or gays that, and I'm sick of it." They all seemed to agree that the mainstream media is over producing gay stories and is basically forcing homosexuality down their throats. Of course, I didn't say anything because they are all middle-aged southeners, but it made me furious. And this isn't the first time I've heard this said either, I've heard it from my teachers at school and my parents and numerous other adults.

Does this make any of you as angry as it makes me? I feel like, if anything, that there isn't enough gay coverage, that we need more so people will start treating us with some respect and dignity.

2. KatoKumi

It doesn't make me mad like when they talk about it; it's fine to me. It's the world, and you have to expect a little adversity sometimes.

What makes me angry is how they make it seem like being gay is contagious. Hetero's don't seem to realize that you don't choose who you're attracted too. I think that we shouldn't be discriminated against for loving someone. Besides, gays teach the new generations to be more accepting of it. It makes it easier for the kids who are gay to come out. So yeah.

3. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

My response if i heard this spoken by someone i know( no matter the age):
    " No f****** kidding!? If you sick, self-absorb, overly,-concerned, judgemental a**holes would just shut the f*** up about homosexuality being a bad thing then there wouldnt be so much s*** about! People are allowed to love who they want to! You love your wife right? or am i wrong and you cant stand her so you go out and get laid by hookers at a strip club? Yeah, i didnt think so. So f****** get over it already you stupid d**k."

#3 TexasRomance, Jun 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  4. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Passion, gotta love it :badgrin:

:starwars:= sexy, so I had to put it in.

5. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

uho! i messed up! let me edit it!!!:rolleyes:

6. ampthejazz

Yeah that does make me angry. We wouldn't have anything to march for if it weren't people like that.

And they don't think about it the other way. How often do WE see straight couples kissing on TV? What's the ratio of movies/TV shows that deal with heterosexual relationships as opposed to homosexual relationships? I'm not saying that it should be equal, because there are obviously more straight people than queer people, but still, they've just got to empathize a little.

7. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

agreed. those b*s*a*d*s!

8. Jim1454

Unfortunately, you've moved to a region of the country that is likely going to be less tolerant rather than more tolerant. Its not going to be easy.

I can't imagine that kind of conversation occuring here amoungst a group of neighbours...

9. Micah

I'm so sick of seeing heterosexual couples in the media, on the streets, and even in my own house. I can't go anywhere without escaping the constant In-your-face attitude of straights. It's like they're flaunting their sexuality right in front of me; it's sickening.

We should go back to the old days, where girls would wear decently covering attire, and men and woman would never kiss in public. When straight sex wasn't shown at the movies, and never on television. What's happening to society where we're confronted with this sickening heterosexual images everyday of our life.

10. SadConfusedBandGeek

Geez too many *'s I almost couldn't read that! (Seriously!LOL)

BUT on topic i think people should get used to stuff like that on TV because its normal...and you see straight love on tv all the time so you can see gay love...its not any less normal. just less common.

11. chrisg

Yeah, if straight couples can kiss on TV, then gay couples should, too...it's a matter of balance and courtesy.

12. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

I lol'd at this.
    very true!

13. Swimmerboy

I love seeing gay couples kissing! It's Hot!(!) Those people don't know what they are missing!:lol:

14. Micah

LOVE your signature :icon_wink

15. LowestVocal017

Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Totally!

They think homosexuality is something we are trying to "force upon them," when really, all that's being done is educating people about the myths and lies that have been taught before. We know so much better about sexual attraction in our age than in all previous ages. Reguarding the parades you they on t.v., which in this case is not anything educational to see, the media is just showing this one way which gay people celebrate their homosexuality. The sad truth is, these southerners which you speak have seen barely any openly gay people if anything, and these half-nude gay urbanite dancers represent to them what gay people are, however false.

I say just yawn at the situation and call it a day. :wink: Their petty emotional ranting about what gay people do on t.v., not to mention whiny, should not even be worth any of your time!! And if you're daring, you should say "YAWN" outloud to them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#15 LowestVocal017, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  16. Steam Giant

Personally, I don't feel like there's enough representation of homosexuality in the media. As far as people being offended by seeing gay people, they need to learn to live with what's around them. I can hate trees all I want (if I hated trees, for some reason), but they're all over, and complaining about them isn't going to get rid of them. So yeah, those people tick me off, but it doesn't bother me all that much, because their behavior is childish and pathetic.

17. LowestVocal017

You're telling me.

18. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure more media coverage is going to force anyone to be respectful of anyone. The media is not designed to tell the truth or cover the average person. The public demands "wierd" "different" "drastic". So, the media has to overemphasize. Now, if the media would cover the "average" gay person, there would be no report - it is simply not exciting enough.

I truly believe the way a national mindset changes is one person at a time. One person changes their mind, presents it to 10 of their friends, 1 or their friends changes their mind, that person presents it to 10 of their friends....................

19. Cooper Day

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The fact that this conversation took place is the best argument for MORE depiction of gay couples, lifestyle, etc. To say one is "sick" of gay representations is to say one is "sick" of gays. Their conversation was an unintentional giveaway of their homophobia --- or maybe not so unintentional. Did they know you could hear them?????
    Much love and peace!

20. Nicknikko

I'm tired of close minded people