1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most embarassing and funny Christmas moments :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForNarnia, Dec 13, 2015.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What it says on the tin, what are some of your funniest/most embarrassing Christmas moments? :slight_smile:

#1 ForNarnia, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I woke up in the middle of the night (10:30 pm was like midnight for my 7-year-old self). I saw my parents wrapping presents for my sister and me. I was so upset that santa wasn't real that I ran out into the neighborhood screaming and crying. My parents were really sad. They wanted to make us happy on our first American Christmas.

Dun dun dun. It was mortifying the next day when they told my teacher what I did. I had a 1 hour counselling session. I was so embarrassed.

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was eyeing a Minnie Mouse toy in a Disney Store, and it ended up under the tiny Christmas tree. I asked my parents how they could contact Santa Claus, did they call him? And then I asked for Santas number so I could get gifts all year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I was eight years old, by the way

#3 loveislove01, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 5, our preschool had been teaching us about stranger danger the week before winter break. So I started freaking out on Christmas Eve, because Santa was a stranger and we shouldn't just let him in the house! Too logical for my own good. :lol:

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

We have a big fake Christmas tree and one year I was helping move it. I was lying on my stomach adjusting the base of the tree and it FELL OVER ON ME. So my mom and sister ran to get their cameras and now we have pictures of our Christmas tree on the ground with just my legs sticking out from under it!

6. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I fell asleep in my parent's room before they put me in mine and on one Christmas I pretended to be asleep even though I was awake.

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, there was the year I knocked the tree down, and escaped the scene to let the pets take the blame. (Don't worry about them. I doubt my mother got mad at them. She was very realistic about pets and trees. We never used glass ornaments, because she was concerned about pets getting one and getting hurt. And at some point--maybe after the tree fell that one year--the trees got extra support with thread tied to some hooks on the ceiling.)

I don't remember this one, but when I was very young, I stumbled across the stash of Christmas gifts. I think they were wrapped, and I busily ripped into them. So my poor mother had to pull me away, and then rewrap those gifts.

Planned funny moment: my father always said he wanted "practical" gifts. So...one gift each year became a roll of toilet paper.

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2015 at 03:00 PM ----------

Then there was a year with extended family. Tons of gifts under the tree (although it was more about the # of people than the # gifts per person). And one uncle joked the theme for the year could be: "Is this all?"

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family is Jewish and doesn't celebrate Christmas, but ever since my sister and I were little we've celebrated Christmas with a very close family friend. One year we were getting the tree off the roof of the car to take into the house, and it rolled off and landed directly on me (I was ok, mostly just embarrassed). Another year we brought our dog and he decided that the water that the tree was sitting in would make a perfect water dish despite the fact that it had chemicals in it (we called poison control and they said he didn't have enough of the chemicals to cause a problem).

Oh, and one year at Hanukkah my grandpa was getting something out of the oven and got his oven mitt too close to the open broiler flame and it caught fire. Yes, Hanukkah is the festival of lights, but this was a little too much for comfort.

9. YinYang

My parents still like to use the 'Santa' thing even though both me and my sister know Santa doesn't exist. So, about two years ago on Christmas morning, my sister and I grabbed our presents from under the tree. The ones from our parents were labeled as 'From: Uknowho'. Yeah. My dad can't spell :lol: It's become a long-standing joke between my sister and I. Whenever we open presents from our parents, we ask if it's from uknowho.

10. thatchickcj

Last year, my younger sister REALLY wanted a pair of white high top converses for Christmas.

My mom had argued with her before, saying that since we live in Georgia, they'd be orange within a week. And since, our budget's tighter than most families, my sister couldn't get converses unless they were basic black so that they'd match everything. They had made a silent agreement to go with the black.

Fast forward to post-Saturday Black Friday. Me and my mom went to the local shoe store to buy my sister's xmas converse. When we got into the converse store, I noticed that there was an entire display of converse key-chains to match almost all of the basic converse colors. I noticed that there was a white high top key chain and jokingly insisted that we get that so that my sister could (technically) get both pairs. My mom bought the shoes and the keychain, and I went ahead to assume she was going to do something cute with the keychain, like turn it into a stocking stuffer for my youngest sister -- who would have probably wanted a pair of converse, had she understood the importance of brand name clothes.

It wasn't until Christmas that we all learned that my mom had really done with the keychain. She sneakily had taken the black sneakers out of the shoe box and instead had wrapped the keychain in the converse shoe box and the put the actual shoes in another mistakenly less obvious box. My sister cried, thinking that she wasnt going to get her converses. The sister receiving the converses turned 15 this year..

11. tourettesqueen

One time I wrapped things around the house and gave them to people when I was little. Another time I made all these horrible homemade gifts, including sock puppets and a pine cone covered in glitter.