1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a mug! Ideas for designs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Dec 13, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So I bought this mug and I'm going to draw on it with oil based sharpies (I looked up how to do this and you can bake the mug so the marker stays on it).

I'm making it for my girlfriend and I've been struggling deciding what to draw. I only got black and pink sharpies because they're expensive.

Some ideas I had:
    cats because she loves cats
    writing her name in times new roman and adding some flowers and stuff around it
    a cool pattern?
    Some cool 3d looking scene with animals?

Any other thoughts? I'm pretty good at drawing so I'd be up for anything challenging, just not sure with the limited colors what I could do.

Thanks!:icon_bigg

2. YinYang

I like the pattern idea. Maybe you could do a plaid or stripes pattern all around the mug, then write her name at the bottom or something?

3. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is this supposed to be a Christmas related mug? Because I was gonna say maybe some snowflakes or like Christmas sayings like "ho ho ho Merry Christmas," or something.

But if it isn't then I think cats would be good. You could always do just like a cat face(s), along with maybe a quote or a silly phrase you two always say. Or maybe put like both of your names on the mug with designs you both like. You could also do if you had two mugs, like matching mugs like one with her name and one with yours or mixed with both.

That's all I got, but some cool 3d looking scene with animals would be cool, like a sleigh full of cats or something!

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thank you guys! Still working out exactly what I'll do for it but your ideas help a ton so thanks! Happy holidays guys!!:slight_smile: