1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Year's Eve Traditions/Plans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, Dec 13, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Title's pretty self-explanatory.

I usually stay up with my family and my sister and I often each have a friend over and at midnight we have sparkling cider in champagne glasses and my friend and I would sometimes go outside and eat ice cream? Don't ask:slight_smile: This year, I'll probably be going to a party at another friend's house though and she has an indoor pool!

2. crazydiamond

I used to stay home with my family and watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve every year. But last year I went bar hopping with my girlfriend and her best friend and we watched the ball drop on the tv at the bar. It was a fun time. Not sure what we're doing this year, but this has been a good year overall so anything will be fun.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I hate going out on New Year's. Too many stupid people out, and everything is crowded and expensive. This year my bf and I may go to Nashville for a concert, but nothing's been finalized and given how tight my finances are right now I won't complain if we end up not going.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any New Year's traditions, I just kind of roll with it. I've spent each New Year's Eve over the last five years with different people. I don't have any plans for this year yet. I'll wait to see if I get invited anywhere and, if not, I'll just stay home and celebrate twice (my girlfriend is in Japan, her 2016 starts fourteen hours before mine).

5. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

In the past, we always had a New Year's Eve party with our neighbors. In the 2014/2015 New Year's Eve party, my dad got sick so we didn't have one, and my parents aren't planning on having another one this year. So I don't think we'll keep that tradition anymore.

I don't really mind anyways, my former childhood friends usually didn't pay attention to me. I was always alone at the parties for the last four or so years of having them. So it's not that much of an impact on me on whether or not we keep the tradition going.

6. Ryu

Ryu

Put up the tree, make mince pies.

7. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only tradition that I have is watching the ball drop with my family. But it's going to be different this year, my mom is forcing me to go to a big party. :dry:

8. setnyx

it's also my birthday so i usually go out to eat with my son for lunch. i ring in the new year with non alcoholic egg nog & watching dick clark's new year rocking eve.

9. foxer

It seems that living away from city has some benefits for me. If I get lucky I might spot one stupid person.

What comes to traditions I go outside watching fireworks with family. This year it will be just me and my parents, both sisters will be celebrating newyear with their boyfriends family.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally either stay home and have fun with family or go out to a party with them.

This year my parents bought tickets to The Book of Mormon for New Year's Eve afternoon, so we'll probably just hang out in Seattle afterward and find a good place to watch the fireworks from.

11. MetalRice

I just watch the ball drop, nothing special.

12. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somehow, it has become a personal tradition to watch 'My Cousin Vinny' Every new year's eye. This will be the first time in like, 7 or 8 years that I don't...

13. Hexagon

Going to my cities, uh, underground queer club night. So... alcohol, drugs and sex, most likely.

14. sleepykitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    every year w stay up and we all take a quick shot of whisky at midnight.(&&&)

15. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most years I just stay at home and don't really do anything special :slight_smile: Last year I went out, and one year I spent it in the car.

16. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alone and totally unliked. Just like Christmas.

Not sure I'd be interested in a standard party, though. I'm not interested in being in a room full of people, potentially getting sozzled, waiting for the clock's gong to bang out 12 times.

Last New Year's event I might have attended would have been when I was probably elementary school aged. Not 100% sure, though, but I do have a vague memory of going with my parents to the house of one of my father's colleagues right after Christmas. I have to assume it was New Year's Eve. That would now be 35 years ago...wow...that long?!?

17. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To spend it with my family and pets and rented movies to watch ...anice relaxing way to bring in the new year

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've spent it with a friend of mine in either long island or nyc for the past two years. Might spend it with family this coming year. Aka 2017.