1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hunt is afoot! How do you flirt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Dec 14, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello my lovely sea slugs and pearls (switched it up on ya didn't I... so proud right now XD)
    I've been getting a lot of mixed signals from someone who I don't personally know but we have the same classes together and this guy stares a lot at me and sometimes will sit next to me out of the blue... I often remind myself that peeps are allowed to be friendly and don't be such an airhead to think someone likes you. I don't know if he's trolling me or am I just that butt ugly... I'm in thoughts way too much
    How do you guys flirt?
    My way of flirting: I've mastered the art of deer in the headlights or flop around like a fish out of water till I slowly die of.... so depressing.... flirting is annoying... or trying to figure out if someone likes you... why can't we have the red string of fate. Ciao :bang:frowning2:!):bang:frowning2:!)

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I think when I flirt without thinking, it's a lot more smiling and giggling at jokes, maybe trying to make flirty looks.
    If I tried to flirt....welll....I don't know. I think if it's with someone I already know is interested in me back it's fine cause they won't judge me. I've never tried deliberate flirting with a person if I don't know they're interested in me, probably because I know it'd be hella awkward if I tried:slight_smile:

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't flirt.

Ever.

I am both impervious and utterly oblivious to flirtatiousness.

4. Hexagon

There's a way with the eyes for me, the type of eye contact is different. And like, eyes meeting, flicking away then looking again. A little bit more shy, that sort of thing. But as for telling if someone likes you, well, I've started to notice something useful, which is pupil dilation. Certain peoples pupils dilate when they look at me. Simplicity at its finest.

5. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Mine always comes off sarcastic and annoying.

In the end all my crushes hate me. Not good.

F**k.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually only realise I'm doing it in the middle of it. Sometimes I have to stop and think before I talk otherwise my words will be downright flirtatious lol.

Judging by my history, I think my "strategy" is to keep things ambiguous. If you've befriended that guy and you do things together that get adrenaline going (Horror films? Roller coasters? You're only limited by your imagination!), then he will associate a good time with you and might fall in love. I guess the first thing to do is to test the waters to find out if a person is LGBT.

7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am God awful at flirting. I just become the really over invested, annoyingly enthusiastic friend whenever I crush on somebody. I'll both tease them more and compliment the heck out of them. The only other thing I can think of is I look them in the eye more than other people.

8. SkyDiver

It's all about the way you look at them. Hard to describe on here, but there's a certain look that tells someone that they're the only person in the room you care about at the moment. Biting your lips very subtly seems to work well. Slowly move closer towards them but not enough to make it creepy. Laugh at their jokes, but not in a super obnoxious/loud/fake way. Just a little chuckle while smiling and keeping your mouth closed. Fold your arms and pay close attention to everything that they say, and ask them more questions about what they're telling you, occasionally teasing them about something. It's all about not making it seem forced.

9. eMei

I love teasing people and being sarcastic. Maybe that just means I'm mean, I don't know, but when I'm purposely flirting I'm like that.

10. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ask lots of questions of the person to show I'm interested in them. Or I talk about things we have in common.

11. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of these helped a lot. Thanks. This guy ... I know his name but won't say it on here. Let's just call him x for right now XD. X started interacting with me more in a more playful manner and does make a lot of eye contact when he thinks I'm not looking. he's also been being a little bit rough with me (in a playful manner ).