1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study video game design WHERE?! compare fees and majors(study in english only)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Dec 16, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so pretty much next month or this month is the application deadline for most colleges and i haven't even known what college to attend
    the problem is video game design as it is very less to be found in colleges as far as i see and whenever i do i find a private college with fees reaching more than 30,000 dollars which my parents cant handle
    i need it to be 10,000 or below i did find many like that but sadly they don't have any video game design majors
    im currently looking into the USA
    idk about Canada or UK but i haven't searched into them much
    i had the thought of going to germany but i know that i want to leave to a country where i can speak english i don't have time to learn and study at the same time.....i know they study in english but german is still the first language there so no ...

2. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there, I noticed nobody replied - I've worked in games design for many years - even though I can't directly answer your question about courses - I do have a lot of experience in the way the industry works and could possibly give you some pointers on how to get started?

A lot of game development studios are actually pretty unaware of game design courses and education so unfortunately doing a course like this isn't always a great way of guaranteeing a job in the industry :frowning2:

3. joshvolby