1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently being gay is only about sex. Being straight = pure love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Dec 16, 2015.

1. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've come across some people who think being gay is only about sex. They deny the fact that gays are capable of falling in love with their same-sex partner just like any straight person does for the opposite sex. Homophobic idiots think people in gay relationships only think about sex and that they have unnatural desires or lust towards each other.

Then they go about saying how 2 guys (they only focus of gay guys, never lesbians for some reason) who like to "shove their dick up the others' ass" is disgusting. That right there explains a lot about these idiots because whenever they see a gay male couple in public, THEY think more about what the gay couple does in the privacy of their own home more than anybody else. These same people complain that gays shouldn't be treated "special" based on where they like to insert their penises...basically implying that being gay is all about where they put their genitalia and no LGBT laws (like gay marriage) should exist.

Not that their homophobic logic makes any sense, but that just pisses me off. I heard this first-hand today while these group of guys at school (they seemed very uneducated anyways) was talking about that and I over heard their conversation.

just ranting...needed to post this.

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

It's simple: people are uneducated idiots.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Being gay isn't all about sex, I mean, even in films we see Captin Jack [technically omnisexual, but humans don't know about life on other planets, so] having deep relationships inbetween flirting. I guess it's hard when you live forever. ... sorry, I get what I know of relationships from films, maybe bad of me, but I've never been in one, so. [BBC, Doctor Who, P. Newman and V. Lambert et al] He does annoys me in places though;

Rex: You trying to turn every guy gay?
    CJ: Yes.

I'm not sure how to see take this as a joke - if the future took a turn for the worst, this could easily become true. [Torchwood, S. Moffat et al.]

To be honest, what people do in their own time is their business.

Maybe they need to be educated, it seems like all this X-phobia all about. Even homosexuals can be X-phobic due to lack of education.

#3 Secrets5, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is amusing how homophobes seem to spend more time thinking and talking about specific sex acts and genitalia than the people they accuse of spending all their lives doing the same. Even your run-of-the-mill ignorant person spouts babble like, "They eat the poo poo!"

They might be surprised that not all gay men have anal sex, that many are monogamous, and yes! *gasp* A good number here on EC are virgins! Of course their tiny brains wouldn't accept this.

5. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My thoughts exactly. You mention any gay person to these homophobes and they immediately equate being gay = having anal sex. Not realizing that many heterosexual couples practice anal sex and not every gay person in the world enjoys anal!! Their narrow mind thinks that it's all about who people sleep with and that's basically the end of it. Very simple, idiotic logic.

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. They're hypocrites. Anal stimulation is incredibly enjoyable for some of us, and plenty of straight men and women would tell you the same. The only difference is that being with two men makes it easier to single out, while ignoring some of the "perversions" that go on behind their own closed doors.

As for being "unnatural", well, a lot of things we do and take for granted are. Animals have anal sex, as well. Unless people think sex is only for creating life, it's not hurting anyone (any if it is, either you're not using enough lube, you're partner doesn't know what he/she is doing, or you're uncomfortable).

I still think common ideas involving masculinity are at fault, since gay men have always been more threatening than lesbians.

7. mangotree

Majority of homophobes you see/hear are men.
    Majority of men are obsessed with sex.

8. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here we go again, more homophobic twaddle. I dont think there will ever be a time when homosexuality is truly understood. To be honest, I would rather seek out love more than sex, if the right person can be found!

9. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read a book about the history of morality that mentioned that in the olden days, sodomy between a man and woman was illegal too!

10. KingdomKeyDK

Trust me. I understand where you're coming from. When I broke up with my girlfriend everyone around me thought it was the end of the world for us, but really, we broke up because both of us were questioning. Now I have a boyfriend and she's talking to this girl and we both are really happy at this point, but all the people that thought we were deathly in love with one another think that now we're just supremely sexual beings, but that isn't the case. In fact, sex has come up in conversation with my boyfriend, but we haven't done it. I love him, and he loves me, just like any other couple, but people can't see that... They're just ignorant most of the time. Don't worry. I've learned to kind of throw it off by now since it's mostly stupid people haha. You'll pull through. (*hug*)

11. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've also heard the argument of that we're just vain and in love with ourselves so we're attracted to people who have the same body as us... that one really messed me up when I was questioning, and it did make me wonder if I really was just a narcissistic socially inept person.

There does seem to be this misconception about that being gay is only about looks and "refusing to grow up". I think the whole looks thing came about because most feminine guys who are gay are stereotyped as vain and superficial about who they date.

I've heard the whole "oh gay people are just straight people who refuse to grow up and don't want to let go of their close childhood friendships so they date people of the same sex because they confuse their feelings of wanting company with attraction". :dry: Seriously? sad thing is I've seen people actually say this.

It seems to be in this case a lack of empathy- they're just so not turned on by guys they just can't fathom anyone who is (however it is curious how they're so fixated on the physical aspect if they're not into it I must say).

#11 Canterpiece, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  12. CameOutSwinging

It's definitely a conditioning from society. Heck, I think it's half the reason I've spent most of my life thinking it's totally okay to have sex with men, but dating and falling in love is something you do with women. I never thought about having feelings for a man, until it just happened one day.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This seems more common. Ironically, for me, it was the romantic feelings that started first. I could enjoy sex with anyone, but the whole "falling in love" was reserved for men. Straight relationships felt more like friendships, with occasional sex.

14. Gay1234

Stupid uneducated cowardly idiots. It's harsh but it is what they are. There that's what I'm thinking all the time about homophobic people but I don't let them get in the way of me enjoying my orientation.

15. Lanthier

Yeah I mean I am gay but I'm also asexual and don't really have the want to have sex so the being gay is all about sex stuff is just stupid

16. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lust isn't limited to one sexuality, it occurs in heterosexuality also. I can't count how many times I've seen a guy hit on a woman with the only objective of getting her home stumbling drunk so he can screw her and be on his way the next morning.

That's just odd ... I don't lay awake at night thinking about what straight people do in their bedrooms, but I guess what we do is just very intriguing to them..

17. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The idea that 'being gay = only sex' is pure crap to me :dry: Just another ignorant front put up by bigots -_-

18. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a lesbian in a loving and committed relationship, and as someone who's been told this by my family multiple times, I find it not only offensive but also hurtful. Yes, it is wrong to be homophobic. But it's worse to be told that your love is not valid. It's worse to be told that all the times my girlfriend holds me in her arms--purely, innocently, because it feels good to do so and because we CAN-- are nothing compared to the times we make love. I look at my parents, who have been happily married for twentysomething years; not once have I assumed something like that about them. Why? Because it's obvious that they love each other and that sex is only one aspect of their relationship! The same is true for my love and I.

#18 pointofnoreturn, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  19. Nikky DoUrden

There r also homophobe girls !

IMO problem is homophobes hear the word "gay" and they immediatly think about what they gays do in their beds, so ...

20. Burnedcloset

I'm gay and I know I'm a sap for love. I could fall for a guy so easily.

Tell me I'm pretty and that's it.