1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding clothes that fit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NotKnowing, Dec 18, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    FtM here. I'm currently looking for new clothes as my old ones are all pretty feminine. I have ordered around 13 pants and none of them fit me. It's so frustrating!
    I have quite quite wide hips and my butt isn't exactly small and if jeans do fit me in that area, they're always too wide on my legs.
    Any recommondations on this? Like some brands that are good for wider hips? Or a special cut? I don't wanna be forced to wear my skinny girls jeans anymore..

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Def shop, hoodboyz... etc... If your hips are still too wide wear baggies and large clothes it's quite common for guys.
    If you want I know a few shops on aliexpress that sell cheap baggies.

3. Riz

Riz

I love ordering clothes as I'm too afraid to go out in stores. But.. With pants.. Seriously? You need to be in the store, and take like five different pairs all in three different sizes and try them all. Then repeat this in all stores you can find.
    I never thought I was gonna find a pair I liked the looks on but also fit me in a way that it didn't bring out my "curves" (don't wanna call it that ugh). Funny enough it was some inexpensive brands for specific stores. Which I know two of them are Swedish so. But I think you should have New Yorker? Try their male clothing, it usually fit amazing. Not only pants as well.

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And that's what belts are for, guys... Take a size you're sure to fit in and use a belt to adjust it.

#4 Aeolia, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  5. Hexagon

Wear trousers that aren't designed to be close-fitting. Cargo pants and straight leg jeans. If you get things that sit on the waist, keep in mind that male clothing is designed for people without a significant waist to hip ratio, and use belts to hold things up. And at least initially, until you find out what size works for you, actually go to a shop and try them on.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is what I would suggest as well. Go to the store and try on a few pants and other cloths as it will help you to know what fits well, and what doesn't. Maybe try asking your friend(s) to come with you which could make the shopping experience more fun for you as well. :slight_smile: